Chapter 46

The men escorted Elsa and Sherlock (who was still draped in nothing but a sheet) to Buckingham Palace and left them to sit in a lavish room. Not much later, John entered as well.

"Are you wearing any pants?"

"No,"

Elsa rolled her eyes, "He absolutely refused to clothe himself, ridiculous."

The trio started laughing after her comment, she had sounded almost exactly like Mrs. Hudson when she was nagging.

"Here to see the Queen?" John asked.

"Oh, apparently yes," Sherlock responded as his brother Mycroft walked into the room.

She had to stifle a snort as Mycroft snapped his head to the giggling boys and said, "Just once, can you behave like grown-ups?"

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, she bosses us around and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn't out too much hope."

Sherlock looked up with a calm mask on his face, "I was in the middle of a case, Mycroft-"

"What, the hiker and the backfire? I glance at the police report. Bit obvious, surely?"

"Transparent,"

Elsa and John looked at the detective in exasperation.

"Time to move on, then," Mycroft offered his brother a stack of clothes that had been sitting on the table in front of them, sighing when Sherlock refused. "We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation. Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on."

"What for?"

"Your client,"

"And my client is?" Sherlock inquired, standing up.

"Illustrious..." said a new voice, "...in the extreme. And remaining - I have to inform you - entirely anonymous. Mycroft!"

"Harry," Mycroft shook Harry's hand, "May I just apologize for the state of my little brother?"

"Full-time occupation, I imagine," Harry jested and turned to John, missing Sherlock's scowl, "And this must be Dr. John Watson, formerly of the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers."

They shook hands, "Hello, yes."

"My employer is a tremendous fan of your blog."

"Your employer?" John looked shocked.

"Particularly enjoy the one about the aluminum crutch."

"Thank you!"

Harry turned to Elsa, "And the mystery girl..."

She rolled her eyes but maintained her composure like she was always told to do, "Elsa Wiggens, sir."

"So she does have a name. Nice to meet you." Elsa only replied with a smile, wanting to do nothing more than to slap Harry's well-manicured face. He turned to Sherlock, "And Mr. Holmes the younger. You look taller in your photographs."

"I take the precaution of a good coat and short friends. Mycroft, I don't do anonymous clients. I'm used to mystery at one end of my cases. Both ends is too much work. Good morning," Sherlock turned and started to walk out of the room as Mycroft stepped on the sheet's dragging corner. The sheet started to slip and Sherlock fumbled with the edges to keep his bottom half covered.

"This is a matter of national importance. Grow up."

"Get off my sheet, Mycroft!"

"Or what?"

"Or I'll just walk away,"

"I'll let you,"

Elsa interjected, "Please not here! Not in the Palace and not in front of me!"

"Who. Is. My. Client?"

"Take a look at where you're standing and make a deduction. You are to be engaged by the highest in the land. Now for God's sake... put your clothes on!"

"Why"

Even though he was still only half covered, Elsa walked up to him.

"Sherlock," she started, putting on her most motherly tone, "Please. There is no use bickering with each other. Hurry up and get dressed."

The stubborn detective sighed, but turned to gather the provided clothing. Mycroft pointed to the nearest bathroom so his brother could change his so-called attire.

After Sherlock left the room, the elder Holmes turned towards Elsa, his face sprinkled with the remains of surprise, "I don't know how you did it, Miss Wiggens, but thank you. You somehow seem to have a better grasp on him than most."

She could only reply with a blush.