Chapter 1

"Don't worry, ma'am, we have our best man working on this case."

Their forced words did little to comfort her.

"Listen," she said, "This guy was my first date in a long time! He said he was on his way-" she couldn't finish talking, choking on her own tears. She had only known her date for about a day or two, why was she so sad? He hadn't even really become part of her life yet, she reminded herself.

Maybe when I first met him, I felt like I was entering a new page of my life, she thought. When he first spoke to me, he didn't talk to me the way other men did. He listened. I was depressed and he was a stranger that listened to my pathetic life stories without me even asking him to. He never interrupted me either, though, I must have talked for at least two hours. He never complained.

"Ma'am, we're gonna have to ask you some questions"

"Umm, yes, of course officer. What can I help you with?"

"First off, how you met."

She gulped, not proud of how they met. "I was drunk, sir. I was drunk and full of emotions. He was sober and willing to listen. We were at a bar."

"Thank you Miss-"

"Wiggens"

"Thank you Miss Wiggens. I'd just like to tell you that this man that you met was married. He probably got in a fight with his wife before he met you, making him go to a pub," she didn't notice when they met, but now that she got closer to the body, she noticed a light imprint on his left ring finger. "We are still going to look into his death, although, it looks mostly like a suicide."

"That is where you are wrong, Anderson," said a deep voice from behind her. "This was most definitely a murder"

She turned around to face the most bloody gorgeous man ever. Her jaw dropped and luckily the mystery man wasn't looking at her.

"Anderson, go away, your stupid is making it impossible for me to focus" she couldn't help but laugh a bit at Anderson's facial response. The man turned to her. "And who are you?" He almost growled.

Taken aback, she answered "My name is Elsa Wiggens, and the dead man you see on the floor was my date. I have no idea what's going on here, so if you could tell me your name-"

"My name, Miss Wiggens, is Sherlock Holmes."