Chapter 25

"Ooh-ooh! Have you two had a little domestic? Ooh, it's a bit nippy out there. He should have wrapped himself up a bit more. Oh, hello, Elsa, darling. I didn't notice you there. My, have you been spending a lot of time in this dusty old flat. I thought you wanted to see London..."

"Sherlock doesn't want me wandering the streets by myself, he's afraid I'll be kidnapped or something...!" She glared at his direction, by the window.

"Oh..." Mrs. Hudson replied. She turned, "Sherlock, you should know better than to keep Elsa inside. You know how long she was locked up in her house..."

Sherlock disregarded Elsa's snide glare,

"Then she should be used to staying in the same place,"

"She isn't a pet that needs to have an eye kept on them. Elsa can take care of herself, you know."

Sherlock ignored her scold, trying to drop the subject. "Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet, calm, peaceful. Isn't it hateful?"

"Oh, I'm sure something'll turn up, Sherlock. A nice murder - that'll cheer you up." She reassured.

"Can't come soon enough..."

"Hey! What have you done to my bloody wall!?"

Elsa realized she was still holding the pistol. She quickly put it in a small safe and then walked to Sherlock, who was admiring his handiwork. She had to admit, he was a good shot.

"I'm putting this on your rent, young man!" Mrs. Hudson stormed off downstairs.

The two of them walked to the middle of the room to get a better perspective of the 'artwork' as Mrs. Hudson was walking away.

Sherlock turned to face Elsa. Her eyes widened as she saw the building behind him start to explode. He tried to crane his neck, but the explosion was too fast. It broke through the windows, and the impact forced Sherlock and Elsa to fall on top of each other.

Her head hit the floor with a loud thud and she grimaced with a bit of pain. Sherlock was sprawled on top of her, his weight almost restricting her chest from receiving oxygen. He groaned.

"Sherlock, get the hell off me," she started, trying to push him off her.

He groaned and weakly rolled off to the side. Elsa wondered why he looked so depleted, she was the one that had a full grown man land on top of her after a building exploded, not to mention, being the one that actually hit the floor. She sat up.

The windows were shattered, glass was strewn across the floor of the living room.

She got up and carefully walked over to the empty window frames. The building across the street was in ruins, bricks scattered onto the pavement.

"What the hell just happened?" Sherlock mumbled as he stood up, weary of his bare feet and the broken glass.

"Some sort of explosion. Must've been a hell of a lot of a reaction to something, I can still feel the heat in the air." Sherlock started walking over towards Elsa, "Oh, be careful, there's shattered glass everywhere!"

She jogged over to the kitchen and grabbed a small broom, thankful that she had worn shoes. She started sweeping away the shards.

"Must've been some sort of gas leak, there's an odd fume roaming around..."

"You're guess is better than mine, I suppose. Now, don't just stand there, help me get rid of all these shards!"