Chapter 20

"Elsa! Wake up!" He clapped in front of her face, startling her.

She jumped, slapped his arms away and opened her eyes, "Sherlock? What the hell-?"

"No time to explain, get on a pair of shoes, we need to be fast."

Elsa stumbled and grabbed a pair of converse that she had left by the door. Hastily putting them on, she looked at Sherlock and saw his face creased with worry. He pushed out the door, out of the building, and onto the street. He hailed a cab.

Elsa grumbled as Sherlock impatiently tapped his fingers to his knees, waiting for her to join him in the taxi.

She quickly stepped inside and the cab started moving just before Elsa was able to close the door.

"Ok, I'm in the car, I'm wearing my shoes... Now, Sherlock, tell me, what the hell is going on?"

He slowly inhaled before telling her, "After we left the circus, which was more like running away, we came back to the flat. I left to go re-examen the clues, I found the book that all of the victims had while I was outside the building. When I returned back into my flat, John and Sarah were gone. The killer must have got them, because they had been with me when I ran away. I had to check on you, incase they saw you with me as well."

"Well, they didn't take me, whoever they are... Why am I here with you, then?"

"I keep forgetting that you are more stupid than you look," Elsa glared at Sherlock venomously, but disregarded her, continuing; "I went to check on you. They didn't take you. You don't know how relieved I am that they didn't. But there was no way I was going to let you stay in your flat by yourself-"

"But I wasn't by myself-"

"Mrs. Hudson would never have been able to fight off an acrobatic smuggler-"

"And you automatically assume that I can't? That I'm someone that can't handle-"

"As I said, I wasn't going to leave you. The killer might have come back and taken you. No, I'm sure you'll be safer with me."

"You're so sure? Do you even know where we're going?"

"Of course I know where we're going!"

"I don't think you do. If you want me safe, you would have just left me!"

"Explain,"

"We are heading straight to killer! If that isn't suicide, I don't know what is! You really want me safe? Really!?"

"You will be safer with me, I swear. I can watch out for both of us-"

"Shuddup, Holmes. You don't need to watch out for me, I can manage myself, thank you very much!"

Sherlock rolled his eyes while Elsa crossed her arms and glared out the window.

"I have half a mind to slap you right now, Holmes..."

"You wouldn't,"

"Don't test me,"

"Fine, but stay by me. I'm not leaving you alone, but you have to stay out of my way. You aren't going to get hurt."

Elsa turned to face him. "I don't need your help, Sherlock."

The cab pulled to a stop. There almost no turning back now.