Chapter 22

The police arrived a bit later.

John was walking around with Sarah, who had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders for the shock.

Sherlock stopped walking and Elsa ran into his back, very clumsily.

"We'll just slip off. No need to mention us in your report," he said to one of the officers.

"Mr. Holmes..."

"I have high hopes for you, Inspector. A glittering career."

"I go where you point me,"

"Exactly," Sherlock said as he started walking away.

Elsa went to follow, but stopped to say "I wouldn't go everywhere he points, you know. I'm pretty sure, that one day, following him will lead to an unhappy ending for someone."

The officer grinned and nodded, "Noted, Miss Wiggens." He turned and left.

Elsa gaped at the place were the inspector had been standing. He knew her name. How could he possibly know her name? They've never met before...

Sherlock appeared behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder, jerking Elsa out of her momentary confusion.

"How did he know my name?" She asked.

His cheeks flushed with a hint of color, "You leave an impression, Elsa Wiggens," she looked up at his curly unkempt hair. Had Sherlock Holmes been talking about her to some officer? She opened her mouth to speak, but thought better.

John was still walking around with Sarah, his arms still protectively wrapped around her shoulders, making sure the blanket stayed.

"Do you understand why they give you a blanket for shock?"

"Supposedly, the blanket provides a sense of security for the holder. It's something to hold onto, a replacement of human comfort. Though, the blanket does help keep in heat..."

"I could listen to you drone on and on about the scientifics of a blanket," she stated with sarcasm.

"You could?"

"Hell no! Do you understand shock blankets or not?"

"I have no understanding of the comfort they supposedly provide,"

"That's what I thought..."

"Sure it is,"

"You say it's to replace human comfort. Do you really believe that?"

"The blanket is a pseudo-comfort."

"So you'd prefer a human to a blanket?"

"I'd rather not get comfort, it's a silly human need in which we feel like we have to have somebody boost us up. I see no reason to have that need."

"Not even once and a while?"

"No..."

"Not even when you feel like you might loose your mind?"

"No...?"

"That's a load of bull, Holmes. You need comfort, everybody does." she grabbed his arm. "You need someone to hold your hand, even if it's just once in a million years."

"The phrase 'a million years' is extremely irrelevant..."

"Whatever, Holmes," she inched her fingers to his, clasping their hands together. He looked down at their touch, but did not attempt to move away. "So, why don't we head back to Baker Street? You did wake me up from my cat-nap to drag me over here. I'm hella tired,"

"As you wish," he asked one of the officers to drive them home, and they agreed.

"I suppose John will have to find his own way home?" She asked, yawning with exhaustion.

"He can manage,"

Elsa tiredly glared at him, "I can manage too, you know," she said, stepping into the car with Sherlock, "I'm not helpless-..." she was asleep on his shoulder before she could finish her sentence.

"I never said you needed help," he kindly smirked at her dozing face and brushed her hair out of her eyes.