[34] Someone Like You

Copper POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Emergency was being hectic. There lot of accident and emergencies happened these days. Why people being so ignorance about their safety? Not I complained about being busy and have lack of sleeps but it is just people not being grateful for their health and safety.

I gave up. It is been three days I have been in the emergecy and I haven't been slept yet. I need to take a rest!

"You look like a zombie!" Peach told me and put a coffee in front of me.

"Thank you for the coffee"

"It is okay. You need to rest, Copper!" she said, "I will cover up for you today!"

"Thank you again. I owe you!"

"No need!" she thought for moment, "Actually, I have a date in weekend, so..."

"You have to stop play around and find the best one"

"I am not playing around. It is you who make every single guy who tries to hit on me runs away. Stop interfere my love life!"

"They are not good enough for you"

"So, who do you think someone is good for me?"

"At least, find someone who is better than me!"

"Then find me one" she exclaimed, "Or you wanna get back together with me?"

I drunk the coffee. Ignored her and her joked. I didn't want to answer her stupid question.

"I am just joking!"

We being silence again. It was awkward after that. She drunk his coffee and looked at me.

"It is him, right? You still waiting for him?" she asked me, "It has been 10 years already, Copper. Why you can't move on?"

"I don't know...."

Yeah, it has been 10 years already since he left. Since he disappeared from my life. Since then my life became mess but my friends helped me to live on. And now I am here, being one of surgeon. A general surgeon.

"I am heading first" she said as she got up, "Duty is calling. I have to check a patient"

"A pneumonia case?" she nodded, "Su su na!"

*****

My shift was ended. Finally, I could go home and take a rest. Well, it is time to go home then but before that, my stomach told me to head to somewhere to buy foods. It was growling like a demonstrator.

I drove my car to the fast food restaurant. My stomach kept protesting, that is why I was ordered drive thru. As I got my order, I saw someone from afar. He was walking away from my place. I couldn't see it clear but that figure was so familiar.

It was surprised me and it made me freez. It was quite long before I got my sense back. A loud horn startled me. I drove to park my car and went to find that person. I looked around but that person was nowhere to be found.

Back to home, I didn't have any appetite. My mind still thinking about that person who I saw before.

It couldn't be. Maybe my mind was playing with me. Yes, my eyes was played with me. Or maybe my heart keep imagining because I missed him so much.

It couldn't be him. It couldn't be someone I missed the most. It couldn't be Oh, right? Or maybe it was him?

I didn't know. My mind was a mess. And my stomach not helping at all. It kept growling over and over again. Shit. I gave up. My stomach won. I ate and it was so happy.