[19] The Secrets

Still Copper POV

----------------------------------------------------------------

I drove to Phuket. To Bangkok Hospital Phuket. It was midnight, I knew. And I haven't get sleep. So, I decided to go to a hotel first and will be back drive for another hours tomorrow morning. It took 11 hours to go to there. So, better took a rest first before I continue drive.

I woke up at 7am. I took shower and get change. I ate breakfast and I continue drove. I arrived at night. It was 9pm, I guess.

The hospital was quite. It already night and lot of family members of the patient went home and will be back in the morning. I went to my dad's room.

I saw my mom was there, sleeping on the couch. She look so tired. I put a duvet to covered her. I went close to my dad. He was lying on bed. He unconscious. He was in coma. It has been 3 years now. He has been in coma for three years. It happened because of car accident.

I went out. I went to the lobby. I sat there. My eyes was so heavy. I closed it and went to deep sleep. I woke up when someone pat my shoulder. I looked up. There was a beautiful lady looked at me. She look beautiful even though she look tired. She still beautiful even though she didn't do make up. She was my mom.

"You came?" she asked me, "Why didn't you wake me up? You should sleep in the room" she concerned.

"It is okay, Mom" I told her, "How is dad?"

We went to hospital canteen. She ordered me foods and told me to eat them all. She ate but not much. I worried about her.

"You should eat too, Mom. I don't want you to get sick"

"It is okay. I am not really hungry"

"Don't worry. Dad will be okay!" I tried to assure her if everything will be okay. She smiled at me. She was trying to look strong in front of me.

"How is your study?" She tried to change the subject. I told her if everything is fine so far. She look at ease.

"What did doctor said about dad?"

"Same as usual, but he is getting better now!" I knew she was lying but I didn't ask her anymore. I didn't want to make a pressure on her. She was already in stress. I didn't want to make everything getting worse more than this.

*****

I called Peach to tell her I would be absence for a week. I have called uni to get a permission and they accepted it. I called Inn to ask about Oh. I told him not to tell Oh about it. I didn't want to make him worried about me.

"Thank you, Inn!" I cut the line.

"How is your friend?" my mom asked me when she came in.

"They are fine" I smiled. She told me to sit beside her on the couch. I sat beside her.

"Are you seeing someone? You look like you're really worry about something and I can tell you it is not related with your father. So, tell me son. Who is she?"

I didn't answer her. I didn't know how to tell her about Oh. Not I ashamed to be falling in love with a boy, it is just I afraid she will shock and I afraid it could make another problem for her. She had enough. I didn't want to cause another problem for her. Not now at least.

"Or is it a boy? I heard you mentioned someone who called Oh?"

I didn't know how to answer her. She made me speechless. How come she knew? She heard it? How much she heard it? My eyes wide opened. I didn't know how to answer her.

"Do you love him?" I nodded.

"Does he makes you happy?" I nodded.

She hugged me. She stroked my hair caresly. Her embrace made me feel loved. Her embrace made me feel warm.

"If you are happy, I will be happy. Your dad too!" she said, "No matter who you choose, as long as you're happy, we are fine. Your happiness is the only matter for us as your parent!"

"Thank you, Mom!"

"So, tell me about him"

*****

I went out from bathroom. I saw my mom was on the phone with someone. She didn't realise my presence. She was talking about something. She look so serious. Maybe something important.

"Call me when you find him!" She cut the line. She turned around. She was startled when she found me was there. She look so pale.

"Find who, Mom? Who are you talking with? Who is someone who you need to find?"

"It was nothing. Really...." she replied me, "Have you eat, son?"

"Mom...."

My mom and I was in cafe near the hospital. My mom took me there. She still look worried. She still didn't open up about the things we talked before. He looked at me.

"Maybe this is the right time to tell you....."

"Tell me about what, Mom?"

"About your father..."

"Is he okay? Don't tell me doctor said something bad happens to him!" I got panick. She tried to calm me down.

"No. No. Honey, he is okay. Don't worry"

I didn't get panick again but I still worried. I still waiting for my mom to speak up. What she wanted to tell me about?

"Remember when you were kid and you saw your dad had scar and some injuries on his body?" I nodded. I still remembered it. I was kid back there. I was shocked when I found my dad was injuried. I was crying because of that. I was worried I might lose him.

"We told you he got accident at his work" I nodded. I remembered my mom told me if dad got accident at his work. I was angry at his boss. I told them to scold his boss because he let him got accident.

"We lied!" she told me, "I am sorry, son. We didn't mean to do that. We just didn't want to make you worried about it. We did it for your good sake!"

"What do you want to try to tell me, Mom?

"You... Your father...." she hesitant, "He killed someone"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Big surprise for Copper!!!
How will he handle this?
I hope he will be okay 🙏🙏🙏

Next chapter, I will make a surprise again 😉

See you in next chapter
Xoxo