Chapter 46: Pushed

Julian

I sat at the table watching my mother cook for me. It felt good to be home, I haven't been home since that huge fight between Sevyn and Honey. I listened to my mom go on and on about how I should take this situation as a blessing and how I'll come back stronger but I wasn't trying to hear any of it at the moment. No one will ever understand how I feel and how embarrassed I am.I still didn't feel like myself, I just felt extremely weak barely any energy. All I wanted to do was sleep; its only been a day since I left the hospital and here I am expecting to recover automatically.

"I'm so glad you're staying here for the weekend and letting me take care of you" she smiled.

"If he lets you, he's so hard headed" Honey chimed in looking over at me. "Yeah, whatever," I said taking a sip of my mother's lemonade. I noticed some mail in the middle of the table in a bowl where she places her keys and other things. I slowly grabbed it to see a plethora of BGE mail, mail from Kevin's college, Health insurance, and other bills. A few of them were half opened and abandoned. Honey looked down at them then over at me concerned. "Ma? What's all of this? I asked. She turned around from the stove "Huh?

I lifted my brow as she gave me an uneasy stare. "I'll excuse myself," Honey said slowly getting up. "You can stay," I said.

"Noooo no no, I'll be with Kay," she said leaving. She sighed "Look, Im, just a little backed up from bills. Your dad is in between jobs and I had to cut down on my hours" she explained. This was unacceptable and there was no excuse for her not telling me. I told my parents they could've retired 3 years ago but they refuse, which is fine but them not telling me what's going on is hurtful. First, my sister not telling me about her college acceptance now my parents can't even be real with me.

"You could have told me," I said. "I didn't want to bother-

"Ma, why aren't you comfortable asking me for things? I questioned. She looked ashamed and embarrassed. "I'm just not," she said.

"See this is what I'm talking about. My own family treats me like I'm some damn royalty that they can't even tell me what's going on" I snapped.

"You need to calm down" she shouted. I shook my head.

"I should've told you, I just feel like I'm the parent and I shouldn't be begging you for money" she explained.