Chapter 14: The Problem

I was up the rest of the night finishing this promo. It was going on midnight and I was still up editing everything. I felt defeated about today and I know that sometimes I don't watch what I say out of my mouth and then it ends up causing more harm than good. I know I really pissed him off but I didn't expect him to get so mad about it. I stirred my coffee mug watching the 48 second clip I made. My phone vibrated across my desk. I looked down at it receiving a text from my sister. "I'm here"

I slowly got up dragging my feet. I opened the door to see her walk in with a box of pizza. "Hey sissy poo" she smiled. "H-hey" I said tiredly. "Well damn , hi to you too" she scoffed placing the pizza on my table. "How'd it go with Julian? She asked. I didn't say anything I just sat at my desk resting my palm on my face. "Both days went wrong? She asked. I still didn't say anything; I went through my iTunes figuring out what song to use with this video. "HONEY' she yelled.

"I'm trying to talk to you" she snapped in frustration. "I lost my job" I admitted, scared to hear what she would say. "WHAT? She yelled. I placed my hands on my face. "What do you mean you lost your job?

"I got terminated because I don't make my co-workers feel comfortable. I got several complaints and I got fired" I explained.

"Wow, Honey, a job like this only comes around in a liftetime and you blow it" she said.

"Well that helps Hen" I said. "No I got 6 years on you, I'm your older sister and I'm gonna always tell you when you fuck up. It's your attitude, you walk around with this head bitch in charge attitude, and shut people out. You need to get it together; you weren't always like this" she said.

"And lemme guess your big ass mouth messed it up with Julian again" she said. "Hen you're going way too hard right now. I'm trying to finish this" I said looking at the screen. "No you going too damn hard. What happened exactly? She asked. I stopped what I was doing to tell her the deets.

"It was fine at first and then he kept getting brief with me. Everything was a one-word answer, he barely wanted to answer my questions and I felt some way" I explained.

"So I asked him if he had a problem with me?

"He has every right to be brief with you, after the way you did him" she said. "I apologized though and then when I walk in he's looking at my side eyed like he hated my presence so I had to see what the problem was?

"Honey its not what you say .. its how you say it" she said. "His guard is up and he has to feel comfortable around you. Same thing us women do. My goodness you sound like a boyfriend that's mad at his girlfriend for being mad at him" she said. Everything she was saying was true, I was being read to filth and it didn't feel good.

"I know"

"You don't know because you keep fucking up. What happened today? She asked.

I sighed again "I was in the process of doing a photo-shoot with him and he just had that energy like he didn't want to be here and he wasn't even trying. His manager is paying me for everything he wants done so I took it seriously that he wasn't even trying and I told him to stop being lazy and stop wasting my time" I explained.

She placed her hand on her head "Bitch, he aint gon never want to be your friend again. You better stop playing with before he curse your little ass out" she said.

"I know, I just messed it all up" I frowned. "Just apologize again and be patient with him. He has to feel like he can trust you and open up to you again and it has to be on his time not yours" she said. I felt a tear run down my eye