Chapter 9: First Impressions

*This chapter is kind of lengthy*

Honey

I went over a few ideas with my co-workers today we were having a meeting for our new issue of our magazine. I was head beauty editor so I had to approve all the ideas before it was sent to our CEO Kay and manager Leslie. I prayed that we all had some new and original ideas; seeing as though Kay wasn't happy last week. I sighed as Julia came over with her report from the Black Radiance event we attended. I read her article and I was actually impressed this time. She had a clear description of the products. I just hope she had a good idea fashion wise.

"It's good" I said handing her laptop back. She had a sigh of relief as she walked off. I looked at the time on my apple watch. We only had 10 minutes until the meeting. I wanted it to go smoothly and I wanted Kay to be so impressed that I get a promotion from beauty editor to editor.

So I sent about 8 of you to different events how did it go and what products did you test?

Ashley popped up in her cheery spirit "So me and Katlyn attended the LA pro girl event last night. We noticed the biggest seller was the LA pro concealers, they have full coverage and they're under 5 dollars.Even the biggest makeup artists are using these inexpensive but great concealers" she said showing them their articles.

"Great! Tell me any fashion ideas and or themes that you two came up with? Leslie said tapping her pin.

"We'll since its summer, we did a beach edition. Showing all the types of bathing suites that's in style. The one-piece bathing suits are back in style" They said showing their presentation.

Jeff whispered over to me "Did ya'll get your shit together? He asked. I leaned over "I don't know man.. I personally have my shit together but the others I don't know" I said.

"Honey" Kay said calling me.

"Yes" I said. "Is there anything you would like to share with us? She asked smartly. I knew because I was talking with Jeff she figured it was important.

"Not at all" I said.

"Okay well you and Julia can present now" she said. I rolled my eyes getting up. I didn't even give Julia the chance, all she was going to do was fumble over her papers and act all jittery.

"We went to the Black Radiance event on Friday and we found a plethora of products. I think its pretty self-explanatory as the products are made for women of color" I said passing out our article.

"Umm the foundations have a nice coverage to it. It's very airy doesn't give a cakey affect to your face" Julia added. "Okay great and any fashion ideas? She asked looking at our article.

"We uh" she said looking over at me. I gave her the look of death. We didn't have our shit together as a team because she doesn't know what she's doing. So of course, I have to save the day. "I um was thinking of a birthday themed section with each woman with a different kind of dress. The article can focus on the types of dresses you can get for a bargain price" she said

"O-okay" Kay said unimpressed. "Did you two work together on this? She asked taking notes. I had a blank expression on my face. "No we didn't but I a few ideas" I said.

"What are they? She asked. I could tell Kay was disappointed with everyone and I knew it would fallback on me. No one follows my direction or even tries. I always feel like I'm the blame for group assignments. "I think we should do a college edition section.College students don't think they can look nice because half of them can't afford high end clothes. So we could find some cute pieces at a thrift store. We could name it fake it til you make it as well as leaving a list of affordable stores such as Old Navy, Forever 21, Conway"