Chapter 4: Allure

I walked into the Black Radiance event with Julia. I let her walk in front of me as I examined her outfit. I don't even know why she had this job. She never dressed the part and never had her shit together. "So I guess we both can just walk around and test the products" I said. She nodded her head taking her notebook and pen out of her bag. I went up to one of the stations greeting one of the ambassadors. She had a mocha complexion with natural curly hair

"Hi are you here to test the products? She asked.

"Yes" I said showing her my name company tag. "Ohh you're from Bronzy magazine. I love that magazine" she said

"Thankyou" I said. "Okay so this is our new color perfect oil free foundation" she said placing it on my hand with a brush.

"Its very inexpensive gives you a full coverage without that caking feeling" she said. "And then this is our pressed powder that goes on next" she said. "Wow this is really matte... I like it" I said.

"Okay and next we have our contour cream palette. Which is perfect because it's basically a 3 in one. It comes with 4 concealers that match you as well as the powders" she said showing me the palette. "I'm actually a fan of this one" I said taking some notes. I looked over at Julia testing the products as I went to another station. The overall event was nice it was on a rooftop with a pool. I would so love to shoot in this space. So many ideas came into my mind that I lost track of where I was going. I bumped into the security officer. "Ooh I'm sorry" I said.

"No need to be, I think it was fate or you bumped into me on accident" he said. He was a tall light skin guy kind of resembled August Alsina. "I don't run into men they run into me" I rolled my eyes as I walked past him. Just say fucking excuse me and keep it moving. Julia came over to me

"Hey Honey" she said. "Yess" I said with a bit of aggravation in my voice. "I tested 8 products. How many did you get? She asked me. "4" I said sternly.

"I guess all we have next is the NYX and cover girl event. Oh and Maybelline" she said. "Yeah I guess so well, I'm going to test a few more products and you can go on your way or do whatever you want" I said.

"Okay, I'll start getting everything for the article "she said. "Okay great" I grinned hoping she would get the memo to get out of my face. "Okay well I'll see you um Monday" she said.

"Okay byee" I said waving at her. Once she left I made my way to the bathroom to wash the makeup off my hands. Jeff called me and I quickly picked up. "I like how you didn't come left me with Julia" I scoffed.

"Look bitch I had a date night with Eric and I couldn't give that up honey" she said. Eric was Jeff's boyfriend and they both were on a busy schedule. I guess I couldn't blame him for ditching me. "How was it? He asked

"It was okay it would've been more fun with you. Julia is just such a dweeb she gets under my fucking skin and I don't know why. I just want to give her a makeover or something" I laughed drying my hands. "She's a sweet girl, you're just mean bitch" he laughed.

After my long day at this event. I stopped at 7-eleven to get me something to drink. I was thirsty as hell. I couldn't believe they ran out food and beverages. I locked my G wagon while pulling down my dress. I walked into the store being greeted by some amateur. "Damn girl you phat as shit" he said biting his lip. I rolled my eyes ignoring him. I was so tired of these disrespectful men out of here. I am a woman not a damn object jeez. I grabbed a bag of cheezits and looking for whatever else I would get. I was a food junkie and loved candy. I heard my phone ring and I quickly picked it up.