The Target

HAPPY READING!
——————————————————————
Thrones POV

"Excuse me"

The girl gave me a bewildered look as I hastily snatched the tray out of her hands. I made sure she didn't have a chance to oppose as I made my way towards the guests.

"Eye on the target, Boss, to your left" Jack's voice pierced through the ear piece.

I nodded my head towards the few people on the dance floor. They absentmindedly ignored me, snatching up the drinks still on the tray. I looked towards the left, to the bar. Three men were laughing carelessly, patting each other on the back for whatever remark that was made. I looked towards the clubs mezzanine, catching the eye of a man standing by the railing.

"Yeah, I don't see him"

I rolled my eyes. Typical Jack. I was on my way to him now, leaving my planned position behind...Unattended.

"Seriously Jack? Where are you anyways?" Toni argued, breaking eye contact to emphasize his point. He moved closer to the railing cluelessly looking below, his knuckles turning white as he held onto the railing.

"Let's not be suspicious" I whispered moving past the group of people dancing. My eyes flew to a similar uniform similar to mine. Jack was dancing among the women, causally placing his arms around the waist of the two women closest to him. A second later his eyes snapped to mine, his smile instantly fading. I shoved the tray into his chest before making my way towards my position. Now is not the time for changing up the plan. Definitely not tonight, of all nights.

Wilson Davis. Whatever he did to betray the Mafia, I had no idea. But that's not my job. I've spent enough time studying his whereabouts. Every Saturday he spends his day locked up in that penthouse of his, while at night he hits the clubs. Or I should say club. He goes to the only club that he owned. Smart man, being cautious. It can also be used against him.

"Slipped it into the drink, going over to him now"

I paused behind a group of people while I watched Jack approach Wilson and his crowd of friends.

"You want some, sugar?"A woman at least in her late forties asked me, shoving a tray in my face.

I was about to tell her to go away until I noticed the absence of drinks on the tray. Intrigued, and slightly annoyed, I peered closer. A tiny slip of what looked to be a small piece of transparent tissue paper greeted me. LSD, I'm guessing. Acid maybe. Definitely a substance that's illegal. Before I had time to decline, she quickly scurried away.

Weird.
I turned back to Jack, who was offering drinks to the group of men.

I barley seen his lips start to move before a loud bang ringed in my ears. Shït,shït,shït. It was greeted with another flash of a gun shot, but this time from above, firing below. Screams erupted everywhere while people frantically ran towards the exits. I moved in the opposite direction of the crowd, seeing Jack throw punches at the two guys still at the bar. Wilson took his chance to quickly walked away from the scene, also moving in the opposite direction of the exits and the crowd. I caught on him quickly, right on his heels. He approached a half hidden door towards the back of the club. Without hesitating, I pulled out a white cloth from the pocket of my uniform.