N O T E S

:

Hey guys!

Wow. I actually did it. I completed a book. My own book. I don't know how the heck this happened. I started out just needing a place to pour all of the dark thoughts that go on inside of my head.

This book almost didn't happen. Yeah, I know. Sounds very typical. But it's true. My first books did terrible. So I kept asking myself why should I do this?

The answer I came up with is because I want to. It changed a bit after awhile. It's because I need to.

This book is doing better than I could ever imagine. Pardon my French, but HOLY SHIT! I ended this book at MORE THAN 60K READS!! And the best part?! My book isn't slowing down any time soon.

I wrote this book at first just to have a place to create a life I wanted. Having fun and taking risks. But then it hit closer to home.

I wrote this book to tell people that we aren't our labels. We are so much more. Yeah I know it's pretty redundant now. But fuck it. That's the message I wanted to portray.

I also wrote this book because I wanted people to know that they're not alone. Suicide. Something so complicated and devastating. Something I understand.

I know it sounds stupid, especially since most of you are WAY older than me. You'll probably think I'm some overdramatic kid with exaggerated problems.

But the problems in life, even the small ones, are hard to overcome. Especially if they add on and on, day by day, piling up higher than you can climb.

Depressing? Yes. Realistic? Absolutely.

I read a lot of cliche Teen Fiction stories. And I kept thinking the same thing. What happens to the bad guys?

They always show this innocent and perfect good girl and this badass boy with a ton of problems. And then they fall in love because of a rule that states that opposites attract.

Well, I say screw that. I don't even know how to make friends with someone that's my exact opposite. Let alone fall in love with one.

Funny story. My teachers, especially the language ones, keep giving us tips on how to write stories. And I don't follow a single one of them.

Pfft, yeah I probably made a gigantic mistake and the story might have a billion reads if I followed them. So what? I write my own style.

I don't get how you write proper plots. Or plan out the entire conflict in detail. Like, how the heck do you further develop that? My notes are literally 'Claire sets up Lucas'. 'Jesse goes suicidal'. 'They made up'.

Yes. When I say literally, I mean literally. I literally have dozens of Sticky Notes on my laptop that is filled with those random bits of ideas.

Told you I'm a terrible author.

Also, I've seen other authors make nicknames for their readers. Yeah, I'm not doing that. I'm not comfortable calling teens and adults that are probably 5 years older than me a cute nickname.

Now I'm just stalling. The truth is, as exhausting as it is, I don't want to let this book go.

If you know Undertale, then you've probably done a True Pacifist run before. The final boss, Asriel, is only fighting you because he doesn't want to let you go. He doesn't want you to end the game and leave this world behind.

I feel the same. I feel so goddamn proud of what I have created here. I still cringe sometimes when I reread it. But, damn.

And it's not even the book. It's the community. The people I've met while writing this book are amazing. You guys are awesome. And I hope you guys stay that way.

I hope you learnt something. I hope you learn not to judge people and label them. And if you see the loner kid sitting in a corner on his/her own, don't call them names. Say hi. Don't be the guy that kills someone with suicide.

I have too many people to thank. 60 thousand of you.

Oh, before I forget, the epilogue is inspired by a comment thread me and 2 of my Wattpad friends had. @2ERRORis_aSTALKER2 and @EmilyFoxie66. You guys remember this? Cause I sure do. Yeah I switched up our roles a bit but it was as hilarious as I remember it.

Thanks to everyone. You're probably sick of hearing it. Or reading it, I guess.

And you're probably sick of reading this too, but...

STAY AWESOME!

Angie

:

Word count: 768