P R E T T Y

I keep my head down and dash out the classroom. I almost run to my locker. I don't care if most good girls are adorably clumsy, I have only tripped once in my life. And that was because I was learning how to walk. So, Lucas didn't have a chance in catching me.

I shove random books in my backpack and quickly walk to my next class. I kept my eyes on the floor, navigating the school like a professional. Well, I did spend three years here.

I come to a stop when black sneakers suddenly come into view. It stops right in front of me. I huff, clearly annoyed, and is about to go around the jerk when two hands grab my shoulders.

I look up and see the one person I wanted to avoid. Like, seriously? I never try to avoid bullies since I never care. But the one time I wanted to avoid someone, I directly run into him?

How is life fair?

Well, no use hiding now. I stare straight into his eyes. They were blue, looking much nicer and brighter than when we were in the club. I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at his sharp and handsome face. 

Snap out of it, stupid Jesse!

"You promised you would show me around," he says, a frown creeping onto his face. I roll my eyes and try to get out of his grip, but he has a grip of steel. He probably crawled out of an Iron Man movie.

"I'm busy," I mumble, not wanting to attract attention. A few girls are glaring at me already.

"Yeah? What are you so busy with that you can't show me around?" he asks. His voice sounds soft even when speaking supposedly harsh words.

"I am pretty sure any other girl would be very pleased to be able to show you around," I say. I avert my eyes and glance at the cheerleaders that are undressing Lucas with their eyes as we speak. I cringe.

"What if I want you to show me around, wild girl?" he says, a mischievious smile playing on his lips. My eyes widen and I cover his mouth with my hand to stop him from saying anything else about that night.

"Shh. Not so loud," I hiss. I feel his smile under my palm and I flashback again to his lips on my neck, his hands on my waist...

Stop it, Jesse!

He kisses my palm and I out of instinct recoil my hand. I wipe it on his shirt. Laughter is dancing in his blue orbs.

I ball my hands into fists. I hate that this new boy is brave enough to come here and endanger my whole highschool life. My hands twitch.

If only I could punch him. If only I could stop pretending and let my mask drop.

But then I'll never get my happy ending.

I was about to walk away when what felt like claws dug into my wrist. In a blur of blonde hair, I'm pulled into a much more quiet corridor.

I look into the stunning eyes of Clare Mist. The school's self-proclaimed queen and ruler. She isn't your typical dumb blonde bimbo. She is cunning, just not in school subjects.

Her eyes held fury. Her grip tightens as she shoves me into a nearby wall. I feign fear.

"Who do you think you are, loser? You're just a pathethic nerd. Don't you think Lucas is a bit too high for you?" she asks. Her voice is sweet but venom drips from her every words. I bit back a comeback.

"Go hang out with people in your group. Oh wait, you have no friends," she says. I roll my eyes before finally having enough. I was about to shove her off me when the job apparently is already done by someone else.