U G L Y

"Hey! Get some plastic surgery! You're hurting my eyes with your ugliness!"

I heard laughs and snickers. A guy is surrounded by his friends and their all laughing their asses off after he told the joke. I smiled sweetly and came up to him.

"Maybe you need plastic surgery too. I've heard yours is pretty small," I say with a smirk. His face contorts in rage but I walk away before he can say anything.

I walk to my locker to see Lucas already standing there, waiting for me. His lips are pulled into a scowl as he looks at the people passing by. But when his blue eyes land on me, his entire face lightens up.

He smiles widely before crushing me to his chest. I chuckle against his shirt as he nuzzles his face into my hair.

"I missed you," Lucas says. I smile a bit.

"You also have separation anxiety," I told him. He laughed and a few girls seemed to melt into a puddle as they look at him lustfully.

"But you were away for so long," he protested with a small pout. I tiptoe and peck his pouting lips before pulling back.

"An hour isn't long, you idiot," I retorted. Lucas smiles again and wraps an arm around my shoulder. We walk to the cafeteria, ignoring the stares and whispers.

"Jesse."

I turn around and looked at the source of the voice behind me. Lucas froze and his grip tightened around me. No wonder. The boy that said my name warrants that reaction.

"Arc," I say. He looks so much worse. He looks skinny and pale. His bright blue eyes look dull and his shoulders are slumped.

"Run along to your slut, Black," Lucas growled. Arc shakes his head slowly but keeps his eyes locked with mine.

"This is killing me, Jesse," Arc says, as if Lucas hadn't talked at all. "Everyday she talks trash about you and I feel myself die a little more."

"You hate me," I simply stated. Something broke inside Arc and he seemed to crumple into dust as we speak.

"Never have and never will," Arc says. He takes a step closer and I took an involuntary step back. Arc winced, as if the distance between us is physically hurting him. It probably is for him.

"You sided with Claire. I think that states what your opinion about Jesse is quite clearly," Lucas says. His voice holds no anger, no emotion. His face is a blank sheet and his eyes are as hard as stone.

"I never wanted to," Arc says, his voice breaking. "Jesse, you didn't want me. And I know I should hate you. I know that I should just let you be. But I can't."

"Why?" I wondered.

"Because you have my heart in your hands and no matter how hard you try to give it back, it's yours. I loved you and I still do," Arc says. His voice is a soft whisper, floating across the empty hallway.

"She's mine," Lucas says through gritted teeth. He pulls me closer to him and kisses my forehead, as if marking his territory.

"Jesse, please..." I almost cry when Arc falls to his knees, begging. "You're my light. I can't let you go. Please don't make me."

"I made my choice a long time ago," I say just as softly. Arc stands up, his mask back on. He nods, finally accepting my decision. And he's gone.

Guilt hits me in waves. But I soon forget it when Lucas pushes me softly and my back hits the lockers. He puts both arms on either side of my head, trapping me.

Before I can ask what's going on, Lucas leans forward, swooping down and capturing my lips. His hands run through my hair as he forces me to respond to his kiss. And I do.

I feel everything he does. His pain and jealousy. His possessiveness and pride. But most of all, his love.

"Tell me you're mine," Lucas growled out, his voice deep and husky. I took deep breaths but his lips were soon on mine again.

"I'm yours," I mumble against his skin. He smiles, satisfied, and starts peppering my neck with small kisses.

"Promise me," Lucas whispers. His breath fans across my skin and I shiver in delight.

"Not unless you promise me too," I answer. He smirks and my mind goes back to our first night. A feeling of Deja Vu hits me hard.

"I promise that I'm yours," Lucas says. I smile and run my fingers through his soft and silky dark hair.

"And I promise you that I'm never letting you go," I say. He laughs in relief and he goes back up to kiss my lips again.

Weirdly, my mind goes to The Fault In Our Stars. Infinities are everywhere. And in this moment, we're living in our own infinity, stuck in a timeless place for all eternity.

I don't think I want to leave.

:

Laying on my bed. With my earphones in and the volume at its loudest. Staring at the white expanse that is my ceiling.

I closed my eyes and twirled the pocket knife around my fingers, playing with what seems like such a small and beautiful object.

Lucas is downstairs, making food. I smile when I think back to our kiss. He's mine. And I'm his.

I hear the door creak open and I instantly point my knife in that direction, my eyes still closed. I heard a chuckle and some shuffling. Then, arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled close to a rock hard body.

"Hi," Lucas mumbled. A plate is placed on my bedside table and he kisses the side of my head. He takes one of the earphones from my ear and puts it inside one of his own ears.

"Gimme my food," I demanded. He plucked the knife from my fingers and exchanged it for a french fry. I smile and pop it into my mouth. I burnt my tongue but I don't care. I never have and never will.

"I wish I could kill Arc," Lucas says. The blade dances among his slender fingers, catching and darting away from the light of my window. I slapped the side of his head and he smirked.

"Leave the poor boy alone," I scolded. Lucas shrugs and tosses the blade into the air. I reach out my hand and deftly caught it. He looks impressed but his eyes darkened at what I said.

"I wish he would leave you alone," Lucas says, staring at the ceiling. "He needs to know how to respect what is mine."

"Do I look like a goddamn object to you?" I say, crossing my arms.

"I know you love it," Lucas says with a cheesy wink. I scoff and throw the blade. Lucas caught it and looked at the sharp edge as if only seeing it for the first time. A critical and examining gaze.

"I like Arc too," I lied, teasing. But Lucas apparently took it seriously. His eyes darkened and his posture stiffened. His jaw is clenched and his hand curls into a fist. 

Before I can assure him I'm just messing around, Lucas throws the knife, making it stick straight as an arrow on my bedroom ceiling. I jumped from the sudden movement but Lucas gripped my arm.

"Whoa, chill. I'm just joking," I say, holding my hand in surrender. Lucas takes deep breaths and soon, he looks like he's back to normal. He stares right into my eyes.

"You better be," Lucas says simply before kissing me deep and hard. I gasp and he plunges his tongue into my mouth, exploring the creases and caverns.

I want to stay in this little eternity forever.

:

A/N