S T A Y

Life likes to catch you off guard. To shove these things to your face and force you to act. Why? Because when we don't think, we act like ourselves.

So when Arc Black, the bad boy himself, catches me off guard, I act like myself. And I quite regret that.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

His nervous face almost makes me laugh out loud right to his face. But that would be rude.

"Um, I dunno. Do I really want to date this  jerk who has a gigantic ego?" I blurted out, my nerves getting to me. Well that isn't rude at all. I probably look and sound like a total weirdo.

But Arc just laughed. He threw his head back and laughed. I'm pretty sure that mom will make him leave now.

Speaking of which, how the hell did mom let in a total stranger that she has no idea of? Add to the fact that he's a guy inside my room. Alone.

"Really, Jess? Is that the best you got?" he teased. I rolled my eyes.

"How the heck did my mom let you in?" I asked. He shrugged, picking up one of my pillows and cuddling it to his chest.

"I know how to charm a woman," he said with a wink. "If y'know what I mean."

I gasped and punched his chest playfully. He winced a bit.

"That was my mom!" I said. He smirked, his pretty blue eyes darting towards the door.

"I'm just kidding. Your mom isn't home and a maid let me in," he confessed.

Before I could say anything to that, he shot up, grabbing my arm and started to drag me to the door.

"And where the heck are you dragging me?" I ask. I grab my army green jacket since I'm only wearing a t-shirt with a tank top underneath and sweatpants.

"Just come," he says. "Please."

"Fine," I say with a shrug. We walk out the front door and I went to get my helmet and bike.

I grab it and tuck it under my arm. I take my bike out to where Arc is now standing beside his own bike.

Arc seemed to be lost in thought, his eyes blank and distant. He's leaning on his gigantic motorcycle, playing with his own helmet as he tosses it between his hands absently.

"Ready?" My voice seemed to snap him out of a trance as he smiles and gets on his bike.

We drove. Not into the city as I usually do. But into the forests surrounding our town. After awhile, Arc turns into a dirt road. I follow him, hoping that I could defend myself in case he plans to kill me out here.

"Almost there!" Arc shouts. The birds chirp around us as the bright sunlight cuts through the thick canopy of branches and leaves. Small critters scuttle around on the forest floor, crunching through the dry leaves and into holes at the base of a log or tree.

I follow behind him carefully, trying to avoid the rocks and twigs that are scattered around. Arc navigates confidently, as if already familiar with the terrain, although I have no idea why he would be.

Arc suddenly stops, his bike almost getting hit by mine as I braked suddenly too.

"Sorry," he mumbles. He gets off his bike before walking towards me. His hands grip my waist and he lifts me off of my bike despite my protests.

We ended up in a pretty intimate position. Our chests are millimeters apart. His bent head is towering above me, his height making him look like a giant. It must be an intimidation tactic, to tell people to not mess with him.