D E S E R V E

TRIGGER WARNING! (I'm going to put this warning for most chapters ahead. So please, know your limits).

Lucas's P.O.V
Earlier that day

I stood in front of Jesse's locker, feeling weirdly happy today. Although my gut instincts are telling me something's wrong, I ignore it and whistle happily to myself. Jesse hasn't arrived from her class so I wait for her here.

I heard heels clicking against the floor and instantly knew who is approching. I sighed. So much for a good and quiet day with Jesse. Although nothing is ever quiet with Jesse these days. Not just because of the fact that Jesse is a firecracker, but because the idiots around me just never leave us alone.

Including this blonde idiot by the name of Claire coming towards me.

She's wearing something especially skimpy today. She comes up to me, a seductive smile on her face. I rolled my eyes and start to walk away when her clawed finger grabs onto my arm and pulls me back.

"Hi," Claire says, licking her lips and fluttering her eyelashes. Classic flirting techniques. Quite cheap too, if you ask me.

"I am not in the mood for this, Claire," I say, my tone flat and cold. She smiles even wider and slides her body up against mine. I shiver in disgust. This isn't the first time she's done this. She flirted with me non-stop the first days I was here. 

"Aw, c'mon. All the boys want some of this," Claire says, gesturing to her barely covered body. How did she not get caught by a teacher for violating dress code?

"Yeah, I bet. But I'm a man," I said, humoring her. Maybe if I play nice, she'll go away.

"I can see that, baby," she says, rubbing her hands across my bicep. My ego is getting stroked and it isn't complaining.

"And only a real woman can handle this," I say, finally getting sick of this. "Not a little bitch like you." Claire nods as if I didn't just insult her.

"I love what you did to your hair," she says, running her fingers through my hair that I didn't even bother to comb. I swat her hand away from it and she giggles. I push her away roughly and she stumbles backward.

"Enough," I say, my tone still the same.

"But baby," Claire says, pouting her lips. I glare at her and start walking away. But I feel her hand grab me by my collar and she pulls me back again.

I dig my heels into the floor. Claire tugs but I jerk away from her. Jesse should be here right now. My mind darts to Claire and I turn to her.

"Did you do something with Jesse?" I ask, my voice threatening now. A flash of confusion covers her face before a sneer replaces it. Suspicion comes to me as I walk back towards her.

"Do you know how much power I have in this school?" Claire says, her flirtatious tone and look completely gone now.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I growled. Now she's serious.

"I can ask anyone to do anything,"  Claire says, a certain cruelty in her words. She twirls a strand of her hair. "I can make anyone wreck your pretty little girlfriend just like that."

Claire snaps her fingers right in front of my eyes. I grit my teeth and feel the fires of my anger licking at my insides at the thought of someone hurting my Jesse.

"If you dare harm a hair on her head-" I smirked. "-I'll wreck yours. I'm not afraid to hit a girl. I'm just scared to hit someone weaker. But just as you said, you are quite powerful here."

A hint of fear crosses her eyes, but she hides it well. Her eyes dart behind me before locking into mine.

"I'll make you a deal," Claire finally says.