Chp. 69 "The Plan's in Motion"

Start from the beginning

I responded, “I love you too.”

Then as we all took our positions I climbed into the back of Walker’s car, alongside Max who seemed to be a little more nervous than before. He sighed, “This is it. We’re finally about to take down the bad guys once and for all.”

I felt my heart beat speed up at his words, and I looked at him, “Aren’t you scared?”

He leaned back as Walker joined us in his car, allowing me to see anxiousness but ambition written in his eyes. He nodded, “A little, but I trust you and Walker, oddly enough. It’s an undercover kind of mission, and it’ll be over quick.”

I nodded, looking out the window at Roger, Taylor, Avery and Gage making their way back to the black Tahoe. I felt a pain in my heart seeing Avery climbing in there, I didn’t want her to be going into the F.P.S., but I knew she wanted to protect her father.

If anyone else in the group found out about Avery’s father she would be in serious trouble.

Then we were off, and Walker began speaking, “Ok, here’s the plan. I’m going to call Sullivan, my boss, and then we’re going to stage the kidnapping. My story is that I had been following and watching you guys for weeks, and you two left the Bureau without any protection. I knocked you both out and cuffed you, and hauled you into my car. They’ll know of Andrea but they won’t know you Max, and they’re most likely going to throw you two into a confinement for a little bit, just to give them enough time to notify Pearce that you’ve been captured. In that little window of time I want you to Teleport yourself and Max out of there and find me, ok?”

I nodded, knowing I would be able to do that easily, but I was scared I would get caught. What if I fucked up and altered the entire plan? Possibly killing one of my friends in the process?

I tried not to think like that as we made our way to the Defense Department, and Walker dialed on his phone. He answered the other line, “Sullivan, its Walker. The plan’s in motion, I need you to notify the Defense Department, but say it exactly as we rehearsed it ok?”

Then he clicked off the phone, speeding down the highway. I felt the nerves inside me, almost making me feel sort of sick because it was so intense. I wondered if Max was feeling the same way, considering he would be pretty helpless if something went wrong. I knew he could defend himself against people, but he couldn’t survive from a gun wound, which worried me a lot.

Then he nudged me, grabbing my attention, “Everything will be fine, Andy. We’re going to come out of this strong, and then we’re going to go home.”

I smiled, looking into his promising electric blue eyes that always reassured me in times of need. I leaned into him, knowing I would be going into that place with the only person I would ever want to fight alongside. He was my brother, not biologically, but emotionally we were related. We were strong together, which was something I never understood, but I didn’t need to. We worked well together, and I knew I couldn’t be going in there with anyone better.

Walker answered to Max’s comment, “Yea, everything will be fine. We’re going in, and then we’re leaving. You can easily teleport you and your friend’s out safely.”