Chapter 1

"I have to get out of here, I have to get out of here, I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!" That's all that 13-year-old Emmaline was thinking as she was running through the inky black darkness. She couldn't just die, she won't die.

"Emmy, Emmy, Emmy, its okay. You're going to be okay." Emmaline's 16-year-old sister, Madeline, or Maddie as she liked to be called, was shaking her little sister. "What's going on? It was just a dream?" asked Emmy.

"Yes Emmy, you're okay, it was just a dream," replied Maddie. "What happened in the dream? I found you in here screaming, crying, and soaked in sweat," asked Maddie.

"I don't know if I want to talk about it right now sis. It was really scary."

"Okay, but if it happens again, I want to know about it, Emmy. Now go back to sleep, its only two in the morning," said Maddie.

"Okay, I promise Maddie. Good night"

"Night Emmy"

----------

EMMY'S POV

I wake up to the bright morning sunshine in my face. Well, not exactly wake up. After last night's nightmare, I couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night. I get out of bed, grab a towel, and head to the shower. Since I was sweating so much last night, I need to rinse it all off. I usually take hot showers, but this morning I decided to take a cold shower to help me feel cleaner and refreshed.

After my shower, I decided to just put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Since today is Saturday, I don't have school and have the whole day to spend with my horse, Honeysuckle. I and my family live on a horse ranch where we give lessons and rescue abandoned horses.

After getting ready for the day, I head downstairs and quickly eat a granola bar in the kitchen. After eating, I head out to the barn, stopping at Honeysuckle's stall.

"Hey girl," I whisper to her. "Want to go on a ride?"

I head into the tack room to grab her halter and lead rope, then head back to her stall.

"Here girl," I say while gently slipping the halter over her head and clipping on the lead rope. I then lead her over to the cross ties.

"Wait here girl," I say quietly while leaving to go back into the tack room.

When I walk in I am met with a wonderful surprise, Alexander, or better known as Alex, the barn hand (note sarcasm).

It's not that he isn't a wonderful help around the barn, it's just that he happens to be annoyingly cute. He is a nice guy and a great friend, its just that since I have a crush on him, whenever I see or talk to him, I can't help but blush uncontrollably.

"Morning Emmy" greets Alex.

"Morning Alex," I say while trying to not blush uncontrollably.

"Going on a ride?" he asks me with a tone that obviously says, 'if you're going on a ride, I want to come too'.

"Yep. I was just getting Honey's tack. I was planning on going down the River Valley Trail" I reply.

"Cool. Do you want some company? I was planning on riding Athena down to the river anyway." he says, obviously wanting to spend time with me alone.

"No thanks Alex. I actually have some things on my mind, so I want to be alone this time. Maybe tomorrow?" I reply, desperately needing to clear my head after all that has been going on.

"Alright then. You and Honey have fun," he says, with disappointment, apparent in his voice.

"Bye Alex"

"Bye Emmy"

A/N

Yay new story! And don't worry, this one will be longer than New Places and New faces and My Worst Nightmare! I actually already have chapter 2 publish, I just need to add the author's note. Have fun reading Bridle Mistakes!

Love you guys!