Chapter 27: The Awakening

- 《 ☆ 》-

The helicopter's sound was getting closer and so it gets louder as the engine made the school builiding its destination. Nathaniel kept his eyes focused on the helicopter and observed it from afar:

Its cargo area, with the rear ramp closed, is 12 m long, and 3.2 m wide, with a minimum ceiling height of 2.9 m. It probably has the load-carrying capability of a C-130 transport plane. Undoubtedly, it's Mil-Mi 26, although people usually call it Halo, he concluded. Then there should be approximately 80 combat ready troops inside, or even 90. The country, at this situation, does now have negative ties nor forces with another country, and not to mention the military and government are just doing well without any plans, so a helicopter passing by is not possible. There isn't any military or army training field around this area as well.

Nathaniel stopped his thinking and stayed silent, until chuckling for a couple of seconds later at how interesting things will become, at how exciting the things that are coming will be, considering that he'll have to use strength and his sword after not using the two for so long; he missed it.

"We'll fight together again after so long..."

Nathaniel ignored Sakura's words and blabbed, "Should I be glad that I read an article about this helicopter once? Well, I guess I should," he fixed his in-ear, "Everyone, get ready for the real combat. The helicopter's bad news. Frederick, come to the rooftop at this moment, and for the rest..."

He paused, the other members waiting for him.

"How many men can you take down in two minutes?"

The others were obviously shocked, their focus on the enemy buffered for a second until Kevin exclaimed,

"Are you kidding me?! Just how exactly have you calculated the time of the helicopter arriving at this school?!"

"As far as I can monitor, five minutes," Christy answered, "and that isn't a long time, we need to use full strength and take down as many enemies as possible."

"对!You have five minutes before relying everything on me and Frederick, then."

Just then, Frederick arrived at the rooftop, slamming the door open and met his cousin who was standing relaxedly, talking to the members through the in-ear as he could hear it as well. He walked closer to Nathaniel, close enough for a tolerable conversation.

"Wha-" The members tried to protest, everyone at once, but was disturbed by a, "Alright, it's settled, work hard, everyone!" from the Liú.

Nathaniel then looked at Frederick who was standing beside him, a hand inside his pocket. He smiled to the taller, betting that Frederick could tell from his smile that he was excited.

"What do you mean by 'relying everything on me and Frederick?'"

The glasses man was still smiling, as he replied- wait, no, he ignored the question and went straight to the point: "We'll awaken your inner side right here, right now, three minutes as our time limit."

At that moment, the P.E teacher's eyes widened. He had already accepted his fate as a Liú with no special ability, and will live as Christophorus Frederick instead.

"Considering that the huge twist in your life didn't awaken the inner side, I decided to use another method, considering its quick respond and the time limit we have," he continued, his smile gone and now replaced by a serious look, "This will only take a minute before the helicopter appears above us. You can hear it coming closer, can't you? Now, let's do this."

"Wait, I don't-"

Too late. Nathaniel already took some steps behind, and said,

"Sakura, possess him."

Frederick felt a moment of his body freezing for a single second, shook and he started to sweat, feeling his breath getting unstable as a little bit of burning sensation grew inside his chest, not forgetting the fact that his muscles started to weaken. He felt his heart getting clenched and it hurts for God's sake that he fell on his knees, hands grabbing his chest, he growled at the pain and squeezed his eyes shut.

Nathaniel, on the other hand, was watching over him and his reactions seriously and thoroughlyーlike he was going to make a report on this. He could see Sakura's spirit possessing Frederick, which brings pain to the latter.

"Hurry up, Sakura, we don't have much time," he said later. "I only gave you a minute, 30 seconds left."

The growl only grew louder, thus sound harsher and painful, like cries of pain. But, that wasn't it. The pain started to change into power, an overwhelming feeling of incredible power rising inside, and oh it was damn pleasuring - Frederick was sure as hell his inner side was going to be a strong one, says his prideful self that started to awaken.

More, it grows. Frederick could feel his senses fading slowly, his vision becoming blurry as the awakening inner side takes over him. The heat tenses, it didn't hurt no more, instead he felt anger and pride, a big amount of them. He felt the need to make everyone submit, surrendering themselves to him.

At last, the 30 seconds end.

Nathaniel paid more attention to his movements this time, getting his sword ready for a battle with his own kind. He watched, with careful eyes, Frederick standing up while staring at the floor, and when he finally looked at the other, the man in the distance wasn't Christophorus Frederick anymore. His red eyes shining a bring and enchanting colour that looked as sharp as a knife. If gazes could kill, this would be it.

He was now a Liú.

"I am... an alpha."

================
Not even 1000 words boo boo boo.

================Not even 1000 words boo boo boo

Check out my Instagram: c._nathania or nathannia.cs ^^
Please consider giving votes if you like the story!