Chapter 13: Explanation

"The True Bloods are here!"

~《 ☆ 》~

"Frederick! What happened?!"

I finally arrived at the nearest place I could remember, soaking wet because of the rain and wounds on some body parts, pitifully weak. The two people in front of me who heard me ringing their house bell and witnessed my horrible appearance after getting beated looking highly concerned, I fell on one of their shoulders, weak and no energy to spend left. They quickly dragged me inside their house and laid me on one of the beds, taking first-aid kit and towels. I left the rest of the night to them taking care of me without any explainations of what happened.

The next morning, I finally woke up after a one-night unconsciousness. The windows were opened, shining me with morning sunshine which helped me open my eyes. I looked around and remembered what happened last night, my hair already dry and clothes changed, bandaged and medically healed, thanks to them. Nathaniel and his sister. I finally realized where I was: Nathaniel's room, laying on his bed with him patiently waiting for me sitting on the small sofa placed in his room, reading a book but closed it upon noticing me waking up and walked closer to the bed, his face showed hints of worry. He sat on the corner of the bed after helping me getting up with these bruises and cuts.

"Morning," I quietly spoke, kind of emotionless but still with a humble voice. He probably thought that it was unnecessary for tender morning greetings.

"Morning," Nathaniel answered anyways, "How are your wounds?"

I looked at the bandages on my body, "Better. Thank you."

It was awkward, but Niel always started a conversation first with good choices of words, "Last night was raining, it was good that the sun is shining brightly today. It's 10AM. I should be working right now, you should be thankful that I stayed here."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm already very thankful of you. Thank you for staying and healing me last night," I smiled gently to him. "Listen. Last night, I was-"

"Hush," He shushed me, putting a finger on his lips, "That can be explained later in front of my family. My mom was worried sick about you, so let's eat breakfast first, and then we shall go to the matter. I already made expectations on what happened to you, and I also have things to tell you regarding the school."

He helped me standing up and supported me walking on my own to the dining table, where his mom had been waiting. She immediately went and helped me sit. They, being members of the gifted family, obviously figured out that I hadn't been eating well for the past days, I also noticed myself getting skinnier but I didn't care much. Even normal people could tell so.

After the quiet breakfast, we started going to the real matter. Niel's mom, or my auntie, asked me to explain what happened, but Niel insisted that he'll explain half of the story first, based on what he knew.

"He was absent from school for a month, then a new teacher replaced him," was his first sentence. "No one knew where he went, so we made an excuse to tell the students and other teachers that it was about university stuff, and to the Weirdie Stars, I told them that it was about his father's company successor. I, myself didn't know where in the world he went, so Frederick can start from here," and tossed it to me.

"Right," I sighed, "I actually went to the country side, to the old, almost abandoned, the house of your bloodline," Their faces turned shocked at my confession. "I did some research on your family. I talked with your current alive ancestor who lived secretly there. They told me that, the ones who inherited the most-influencing swordsman, will die at a young age, having the same fate as the first swordsman ever in the family. You, you both know what I mean."