Chapter 10: A Night

"But the world out there isn't at all dangerous!"

~ 《 ☆ 》~

The call ended, I yawned at my sleepiness but I have decided to pull out an all-nighter. Well, actually, I've been having insomnia lately, I can't get myself to sleep and is always bothered about something, something that I don't know for sure. My brother's probably already sleeping in the next room. He's got a long day preparing and helping Mr. Principal for his birthday party. The principal ordered him to take care of the Weirdie Stars' roles in the party as well as our presentations.

From year to year, it's always the same: Falhan making the music and performing it in front of the crowd, or he just makes the instrumental and plays it during the party. My father's boy group will be collaborating with him for the special performance. Yao Jia prepared the venue design and held a small gallery of his arts on Weirdie Stars, like how Niel will write his poems beside each painting, in addition to the meaning. Falhan's song lyrics were written by him, too. The rest of the group will ask for special guesses to come to the party and serve them special treat, like, my father's a CEO, so him and my mother will be two of the special guesses, while their sons will go around freely with their friends.

It'll be a grand and elegant party with an all-white theme, just like the previous years. It'll also be held in one of the best venue.

I stood up from my bed lazily, grabbing my cap and hoodie, walking outside the room and soon outside the house. I decided to talk a simple night walk around the street since I had nothing to do in my room as I've finished my assignments. The fresh air was truly a blessing to me, very relaxing. I walked around not knowing where I should go, but that wasn't at all a problem since I've memorized the streets and roads here, I won't get lost. The punks at night won't be a threat for me since I've mastered wushu and is able to knock them off. I've experienced that once.

There was a small convenience store near the corner and I walked there to maybe have a coffee. I entered the quiet store and was greeted by the night worker in the cashier with a warm smile. Buying a glass of coffee, paying it and sat on one of the available seats outside, I took out my phone and checked the Weirdie Stars chat. 4 new messages.

Kenneth - 11:07PM
I saw Caron wandering around at night owo

[Y/N] - 11:07PM
I thought he was already super sleepy?

Yao Jia - 11:08PM
You brothers are the same like really, once Caron said that he saw you wandering around at night and now it's vice versa

Kenneth - 11:08PM
hAH. It can be called revenge

Wait, scratch that, my brother wasn't asleep, he could be reading a book or playing his laptop or scrolling/stalking someone on Instagram, but the weirdiest thing he ever did at night was hacking into Yao's phone and sent his account to our cousin in the Netherlands so she could access it on her phone. He told me that he was just trying out his newly-learned ability.

From the corners of my eyes, something caught my attention: there was a young woman being followed by a man in his early 40's. The woman looked scared, holding her purse tightly; as she passed me and entered the store with the man still following behind her.

Noticing that something will happen, I entered the store back after sipping  coffee, lowering my cap so they couldn't see my eyes, and pretending to be searching for something but actually I was spying their actions. The two were in the back of the store, away from the cashier so that she couldn't see what was happening because the man was flirting with the young woman, pinching her arm lightly with a perverted smirk. Disgusting.