Chapter 11: Confrontation

"People hurt themselves thinking that they aren't worthy. Stupid."

~《 ☆ 》~

"I can't, I swear to God. Last night it was the worseㅡ I couldn't feel my legs. I don't know what happened, I've passed puberty and horny states, but I felt like someone was haunting me back, like, my past. The feelings I hate are coming back. They're chasing after me. It's not even logical but it happened, believe it or not," He said, brushing his hair back. The other nodded in understanding upon hearing.

"That sounds so weird. A ghost can't possibly fuck or rape you, but it's possible to make you feel horny or some sort," Chris replied. "Are you okay now? I caught you ㅡor at least someone who sounds like youㅡ moaning or, uh, yeah that, in the toilet. I'm not sure who it was, but he did sound like you and the sounds he was making didn't sound comfortable at all. Struggling and wanting to be let go. I wanted to approach the person, or maybe you, but it would be awkward."

Kenneth just exhaled with a slight smirk, shrugging, "That was me. You caught me. How embarrassing. That didn't sound like me at all, did it?" He chuckled, giving up. The fact that he was just getting along with the flow and that his answer was out of sarcasm will be a secret.

"I can't simply believe that," The third person spoke all of sudden, gaining attention from the other two. "That doesn't make any sense. A ghost? Raping? No. Not at all. Except if you summoned an incubus, then I can include that as one of the possibilities. I realized that even if Ken was raped by a ghost, in other words, his past coming back to haunt him and make him feel what he dislikes the most, then, why only him? Many people have terrible pasts but why only him?"

Chris was annoyed by him, a glasses man named Nathaniel, but forced himself to maintain a calm face. He secretly threw him a death glare that he hid with his apologetic smile as he said, "I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense. It's just what I heard and suspected."

"Why are you sorry?" Nathaniel deadpaned.

"Pardon?"

"You heard me. Actually, I don't need an answer to that, so nevermind. I honestly wanted to talk to you alone for since a few days ago, so can Kenneth leave us alone?"

Kenneth left willingly, looking at Nathaniel with worried eyes. Finally they were alone on the roof. Nathaniel and Chris. They were leaning on the railing and not bothered to look at each other.

"Who are you?" Nathaniel started without moving a body part except his mouth.

"Again, pardon?"

"Who the hell are you? Stop pretending to be kind, innocent, and shit. What the are you hiding?"

Now the atmosphere was getting tense. The two now stood up normally, meters away from each other and looked at each other in the eyes.

"I am not hiding anything. I like this school, I don't plan on leaving," Chris replied.

"I didn't ask you about this school, I am asking you about you."

It took a moment for the new teacher to respond, "I'm just a normal young man with a normal job and life, nothing else," He smiled. Nathaniel took some steps closer to him, analyzing him thoroughly. "Why are you thinking that I'm different anyway?"

"I'm not thinking that you're different. You're human like us. I'm asking you what are you hiding. As in your background story. You suddenly came from the sky and acted like nothing happened. The Principal will always tell us if there's a new teacher, but he didn't this time. That is enough to make me suspicious." Indeed, there was no way to win against Nathaniel if it's about talking. Chris sighed deeply and closer his eyes, lowering his head. When he showed his face again, his eyes weren't innocent and soft again, it was an antagonistic look with a smirk as he placed his hands to his pockets, standing cockily and he looked around the roof while Nathaniel stood still.

"I see. You have good analyzing skills," He started, "I'm impressed. You exposed me, I'm done for. At least, for now. I've got other plans to ruin you soon. Very soon."

"You don't even know who I am."

"Oh, I do. Everything about you. Nathaniel. I know your full name that you've been hiding. You're from a cursed family that's trying to get away from the curse. The curse allows your family to have extraordinary thoughts, and sometimes it hurts to stop thinking or thinking too much. You become terrified of this world because you know too much, you can end up committing suicide or being in jail. You can think of multiple things at once, and I'm really jealous of that. You, yourself, is like a reincarnation of Albert Einstein and Galileo Galilei mixed in one person. You're also the one who inherited the curse the most, am I right?"

"Thanks for the flattering, but that's not what I wanted to hear," Nathaniel fixed his glasses. "You need to note that it isn't a 'curse', it's more of a gifted ability if you use it well."

Chris shrugged.

"You and your split-personality disorder makes you like a werewolf. Two souls in one. Opposite personalities. Sometimes the inner side takes over which makes you dangerous. Your other personality is really good at...swords, isn't it? It's telling you to just kill me right now, isn't it? I also heard that you're able to change one's faith in God."

"What about Frederick? Do you know something about him? Why is he gone for days now? Why is he not in the company?" Nathaniel folded his hands and raised an eyebrow in a challenging look. "I don't even know why Ken pretended to believe you and go with the flow. It is unacceptable."

"If you're a genius then you should be able to figure it out yourself, for now I'm gonna leave you hanging until the day comes."

Chris walked away to the door calmly without any answers. The literature teacher wanted to stop him but felt sudden pain in his head, a burning and painful feeling that he hasn't felt before, it's like his brain crashed. It wasn't a headache, because he still could see the world not rotating, and his vision was still clear. He realized that half of his mind had stopped working when Chris went out. Letting out a pained grunt while he was holding his head, he couldn't think straightㅡ

"That bastard, what did he do? Wh-what's that word? Why can't I move my body? Why's my brain working against me?"

He then fell on the floor, still conscious but the pain was too hard to handle. It was the cursed side of his gifted ability; it'll hurt to stop thinking and not being able to progress anything. Kenneth had came back with Caron for medical help to check out Nathaniel and brought him to the Nurse's Office for a little bit of help before it gets worse.

How could Chris do such a thing?

=============

Shit's getting real

Shit's getting real. I'm telling you.

Please consider giving votes if you like the story! I've been energetic to writing stories lately, that's good.