Chapter 18: 受苦

"I'm not as strong as you think. I'm a fragile human being, very fragile to be exact. It just haunts me."

~《 ☆ 》~

"And done!" Chirty shouted excitedly as she pressed a certain computer key that could change the whole situation into a better. She had been staying in the secret Control Room at school which only certain people can go in for quite a time, and in her case, nobody except the Weirdie Stars were inside the building so there weren't any guards which made it easy for her to take control over the room. A computer was all she needed but the case was more complex than that, she'll need to see the pipes and wires connecting the water taps to stop the flood and help the members do defensive attacks easier that can weaken Chris at the same time.

Christy, with all the members knowing, is blood-related to Nathaniel, thus she also has an inner side and this is it, this is her gifted ability. Computer science. She's suited for technologies and missions involving modern tools and weapons, she's also capable of using them. Her eye colour will turn neon green if she's being taken over by her inner side, and if that happens she's not the Art Club leader you know anymore. A total different person. Common for the other family members.

The flood had stopped, and everyone sighed in relief and smiled in satisfaction at Christy's good work. She also opened all the windows and doors electrically connected to the room's controls and let the water out in no time. Christy herself smirked at her success monitoring from the CCTV screens.

With this, the members will thank her later, as they're now busy living and doing the roles in their group that they're capable of doing the job they're assigned to. Nara just left Frederick and Kevin comforting Chris to get his archery tools, while Yao ran away after...

"Risqhi is cornered by some shady men wearing suits that just appeared in the school's backyard. They look like strong so I suggest to send help," Christy informed through their walkie-talkie-in-the-shape-of-an-inear the group invented for situations where they had to seperated from each other and need to communicate.

"Damn right I do! I can see guns in their suits but they're using martial arts first at me. Fuck, they're strong," Risqhi cursed as the sounds of thuds and punches were heard.

"I'm on my way," Yao Jia began running to the school's backyard through the annoying knee-high flood. Due to his height, it's actually above knee-high but that doesn't stop him. The school's backyard is obviously in the first floor so he's got a long way to go. "I suggest Nara to come too and attack from afar. Do your best not to let them notice your presence. Attack from the second floor and shoot right in the heart."

"I'm taking my bows and arrows so wait a bit more, 'kay?" Nara replied on the stairs to the first floor where the Archery Club's training area is located.

~《 ☆ 》~

Agh, shit. Fuck my life. Being cornered and targeted by some business-man-looking-gangsters or hired gangsters, to be exact is tragic for a seventeen-year-old teenager. Right, I've mastered wushu but these dudes got their guns ready. I can't let myself K.O before going into the real thing. Let's just hope for the best and for the help to come quick.

They began attacking with basic karate that I defended easily depending on how many attacked me at the same time. I only dodged and protected myself without attacking, hoping that it'll bore these five dudes wearing some shady glasses and black suits. But a hope is just hope. They started to attack me seriously and I knew at this moment I'm screwedㅡno, I cannot let my guard down and let them have meㅡI have my own pride. I have to run away from their attacks and seperate them to the sides or corners of this backyard and do close-range hand-to-hand combat to each of them one by one, but the problem is, even if I attack only one of them, the rest, without any doubt, will start attacking me as well.

Fuck strategies. My fighting style depends on animal instincts.

The taekwondo I've gotten a black belt at, I proved them that only one of my kick is able to knock out a man physically larger than me. Mixed martial arts with animal instincts and high pain tolerance as well as the result of that long-ass endurance training. Five-on-one. I took a deep breath, exhaled, and closed my eyes to prepare for offensive combat after staying in defense for long.

"Alright, bring it on, you smelly old men." I smirked as I stared at them with a challenging look on my face with a pair of deadly eyes. I clicked my tongue when I read the look on their faces saying "challenge accepted."

When I lifted my right leg after concentrating power in there and was about to land a brazilian kick on of them whose face pissed me off the most, a bullet went past his left shoulder. The other men, surprised at the sudden attack, prepared their guns and started to point their weapon at random directions.

More bullets hit them unfortunately not in fatal places. The shots were precise and incredibly fast nobody would see it coming. Yao Jia. What a terrifying shooter.

"Been playing around much, Risqhi?" All of them looked troubled by Yao Jia's presence and gritted their teeth.

"Just until you came, senior," I replied, scoffing and got back to my stance with him posing behind my back, a pistol on each of his hands.

"Let's finish them all quickly and-"

Surprising arrows shot in random body parts of the men, bleeding and weakening their defense and offense level and interrupting Yao Jia's sentence. Nara. It was definitely him. The men tried to find who shot the arrows and looked around them with their guns prepared but poor for them, Nara hid well. As the blood starts to flow from the spots he hit, more arrows came, more and more until the men were shot everywhere with at least 5 arrows painfully attached to their bodies. Nara shot their joints so that they couldn't move much. Not to mention Yao's knives before Nara arrived.

"'Kay guys, the men are defeated. What should we do now?" Nara asked to the squad, fixing his in-ear.

"[Y/N] and Cindy are alone in the Teacher's Room in the third floor. One of you better go to check them and stay there until Christy reports danger from other places," Professor Nathaniel answered calmly.

~ 《 ☆ 》 ~

=============
Yayyyy it's reaching its climax!! wooHOOOOooOOoOOo
Title means "suffering"