Chapter 25: Guardian Ghost

- 《 ☆ 》-

The wind passes by.

I can feel the relaxing breeze hits my skin as I sit on the rooftop, alone and peaceful.

Some may think, "How can this person stay still when his comrades are fighting their asses off?"

Actually, I wasn't alone.

Well, I'm never alone since the beginning.

There's always someoneーsomething that stays beside me, completely invisible to other people's eyes, even ones with the 6th sense.

"That Kevin kid seems so enthusiastic, as always. Huh, what a waste of energy, knowing that all the enemies could be killed even without his traps and spells. Right, Nathan?"

"You're saying, I should kill all these men below? Pfft."

I saw the ghost in form of a human girl wearing Japanese traditional clothes with her hair tied into a bun, smiling at my answer. She then looked at the sky while sitting beside me.

"The sky today is clear as well. It reminds me of when..."

"Didn't we make a promise to not bring that up again?" I chuckled, she smiled cutely as a response.

"Nathan, you are not human in the first place, so you should've let me take control over your grandfather's sword already, without any shame."

"Nope, that is incorrect," I shook my head. "I haven't killed anyone, therefore my hands are still clean, so there's still humanity inside of me. Unlike my grandfather, I already have a plan settled for the next soul to live inside this sword."

"Hm... Are you going to kill Frederick? Kenneth? Nara? They're strong guys whose souls worth for the next generation of our sword..."

"Killing one of the Weirdie Stars? You gotta be kidding me. That's the least thing I would do in this short life of mine."

"..... Could it be that you plan on stabbing yourself?"

There was silence before I answered her question.

"Of course not, silly. My life is too precious for that."

She laughed happily. I have always loved her voice, so soothing and cute, like one of the goddess'. Well, she was called a goddess in her family when she was alive, so no wonder she was the definition of perfection, as people say.

To think that I've fallen for her, is fucked up.

No, of course I'm not head over heels to her, I'm just happy to talk to her and have her under my control and not letting her have my body.

I'm always in control, but it really is hard when she's pleasing me with my desires as a Liú, who seeks blood, especially the ones born a swordsman and shooter. Moreover, a ghost seeks for blood too.

"If you let me take control, then I'll do anything for you. I can let you have all the victims and you will be able to do anything with them. Tear them apart, listen to their beautiful cries and pleases. Stab them, hear their screams. Break their bones, their necks... Everything they can offer. Torture them as you desire. So, Nathan..."

She moved closer to me. Although invisible, I could feel her presence, as if she was still alive. Only I, her holder, am able to do that, to touch her physically and feel her body warmth.