Chapter 5: Victim(s)

Ah, Carrick spoke up for me. I didn't need to say it with my own mouth.

But still though, it'll be along story explaining to her, she isn't much of a good listener. Even when I was explaining about Frederick, 10% part of her mind thought about animes.

Whatever. It's too late to hold back.

"I-is it true, Professor?" She shuttered, looking at me with terrified eyes. She wasn't able to believe it, I know, but she had to listen. Listen to the story of my traumatic past that nobody would like to experience.

Now I sound like someone who seeks for attention, don't I? Fuck it.

"It is," I answered after a deep sign, preparing my memory for the long, long and horrible story. I wasn't looking at her eyes, nor Carrick's, because I don't want to see those terrifying stares looking at me like that; I don't want to be pitied. I'm doing this because the more she knows, the better. Kevin didn't teach her enough.

Why the better?

[Y/N] is too naive, too innocent and has never experienced a huge twist im her life. Well, she did, as she had her own past which twists and turns happened, but she didn't experience it directly, she was "asleep". She didn't remember, Kevin thought she didn't need to, but he was wrong. Absolutely wrong. People need to experience the twist directly for it to change their life, and not only remembering the events through dreams. It isn't at all realistic.

Right, she was raped by her biological father, but she wasn't abused that much, Kevin took it for her. Yet she never said "thanks" to him. Too naive and too closed-up for this cruel world. I wish Nathaniel could share his thoughts with her. His deep underworld thoughts to open up her mind.

"Then I will explai-"

"No, there's no need," I interrupted Carrick who was speaking. How foolish of him. If the story came out from his mouth, it wouldn't be original. Heck, he didn't even know how it feels to be handcuffed in the years of his life. Someone like that wouldn't be able to tell such a story.

Caron too, didn't have such events in his life. He lived a life normal enough for someone who lost a best friend. And his first love.

"It will be a long story. To begin with, Carrick has gave you a big spoiler, it wouldn't be ad interesting as it was, but please listen until the end. I feel like you need to know this because... In the end, you will discover a huge secret. We don't know who will tell you the secret, or will you discover it yourself? That'll be too much for you. If you've known at least two of our background stories, you'll at least get the idea why we met."

Yup, she was even more shocked, questions probably flooding her mind right now. Her eyes show it all--- She was clearly interested and curious of the story.

"Please just tell me the story, Professor," Came out from her mouth after a gulp. I brushed my hair back with my fingers. This is taking much time, but it wasn't at all a problem. Christy and her book can wait.

"Fine then, if you're that curious," I said, "Before that, you must know one thing about the teachers who joined the 'Weirdie Stars' group, which are: Frederick, Falhan, me, and Nathaniel. Each of us had faced... a tragedy in our life. A tragedy that changed ourselves, our minds, and our point of view of this world. One, Nathaniel is very... He isn't just the 4D alien guy, he's far more than that. He has the deepest mind. He thinks about everything unthinkable for us, even I can't read his mind nor expression. He's like... Sorry to say this, a different species. His mind is out of this world, like someone who has seen the change of the world and its generations as time passes by. Do you know why he has Dissociative Identity Disorder?"