Chapter 15: Such a Sudden Call

"Everything in this world needs procces."

~《 ☆ 》~

"Nice to meet you, I'm Mei Li."

I repeated her name in my head as me and Amaya took a seat. We were sitting facing the other girl and it seems like she has been in the cafe for quite a while guessing from the half-empty drink on the table. Once sitting comfortably, I calmly prepped myself to be a fake boyfriend of my own student.

Mei Li honestly didn't look as I expected her to be. I thought she would be dressing up inappropriately with shorts and cropped tight shirt with bitchy make up, overly-lined eyeliner and blood red (as red as Frederick's eyes or his maroon red hair, if I should say) lips. But in fact, she looked like an angel. An adorable girl who looked like she jumped straight out of an anime. She wore an overly-sized simple white long-sleeved with a small heart in the top left near her shoulders and a dark blue skirt with a small bow. Her make up was also an elegant and simple one, bright pink eyeshadows and natural pink lips. As for her hair, she had it slightly waved and loosened up.

Mei Li and Amaya have the same preference when it comes to fashion, basically. Amaya's today fashion theme is based on the colour purple. She wore a plain aesthetic lavender top tucked into her magenta miniskirt. Her hair, unlike usual, was brushed aside her right shoulder with a white bandana with a small purple ribbon. Her makeup was also simple and not too eyecatching. The choker she around her neck was also adding the cuteness level.

Right when Mei Li first saw me, she looked kind of surprised, either she was surprised at me looking ugly while I didn't think I am or she was fantasized that Amaya could actually bring a boyfriend. I think she's just surprised because I'm handsome, haha. I put small effort in my clothing, though, just a branded grey long-sleeved sweater with leather pants and a pair of black boots. Much simple.

"I heard the food here is delicious, so I wanted to try it out. Thank you for coming with me," Mei Li said, smiling sweetly. How could a cute girl terror another cute girl?

I shot back a smile to her while flipping through the menu before finally chosing, asking Amaya what she wants. I gotta make it at least romantic, right?

"If so then I'll have a strawberry cheesecake and milk tea. Amaya wants mix berry pancake and parfait, doesn't she? We'll share," I said confidently to the waiter as she notes down the orders. "What about you, Mei Li?"

"Vanilla ice cream pancake and strawberry juice! By the way, call me Mei."

To this point, Amaya hasn't said a single word, maybe because she's confused that her enemy could act all cute and stuff, or maybe she's too nervous being a fake girlfriend of mine. She though hummed when I ordered for her.

The waiter then repeated all our orders and walked away when she's finished. We were left alone in the table with an awkward atmosphere, I tried to start a warm conversation, "I forgot that I haven't introduced myself. I'm Falhan, a student at Performative International University. I heard from Amaya that you shared the same junior highschool as her." I saw Amaya flinching a bit when I mentioned her name.

"Yup, we were classmates, too. We don't get along well but we still talk, she was a nice student and everyone loves her," Mei responsed, "A student at PIU? That's awesome! I heard that that university is a place of innovative musicians who grew up slaying the music chart. You must be talented," She giggled.

"Not really, but that flattered me, so thank you."

I just realized that I should be showing my boyfriend side to Amaya and not her. I looked at the girl beside me and leaned closer to her, putting my hand on top of hers that rested on her thigh slowly which made her blush.