Chapter 73: Hope

3rd Person's POV
The door of Hera's apartment flew open, the boys, Jang Hal, and Hera look at Eui Woong who just entered. His eyes unfocused, feet walking to them, heart beating rapidly loud. "What happened to you?" Seung Hyuk asked, brows furrowed. Eui Woong flopped on the space between Justin and Hyeong Seop, soul lost. Justin is looking at him like Woong's someone he don't know. "Hyung, gwaenchan-ah?" He asked, but the latter is still not focusing on anyone or anything.

"You're cute." The girl told him, and smiled.

That's the video playing in Eui Woong's head like a video on loop. "I think Woongie lost it." Seung Hyuk said, shaking his head and then look at everyone. "Let's leave him alone for a minute." He said, smiling like what he said was nothing offensive. Zheng Ting grinned at what Seung Hyuk said, while Hyeong Seop is waving his hand in front of Eui Woong's face but nothing is happening. "So why we're here and not in the practice room is... I don't know, Eui Woong has the news." Seung Hyuk said and Jang Hal scoffed at how helpful his statement is.

Justin leaned on Eui Woong's ear and... "YAH!!" and that made Eui Woong flinched. His back hitting Hyeong Seop and he gained a slap on the back from Seop. Poor leader-nim. He glared at Justin for shouting so loud. "Why are you shouting?!" He shouts back, annoyed. Justin was laughing, so Hyeong Seop answered. "We need to know what 'news' you're saying, that it has to be announced together." He answered, stroking the word 'news'.

"Oh right." He said, one hand went to rub his ear. He, himself knows that rubbing his ear is a weird mannerism. He straightens his back, saying to himself to stop thinking about that girl he met at the hallways. He clears his throat. "The show's going to start after two weeks!" He said excitedly, and shock was written on everyone's faces.

Seung Hyuk's excitement is obvious, and so is Hyeong Seop. But Justin, "Can we do this?" Justin asked, his negative mind taking over his jolly self. Zheng Ting inhaled and calmly said "Justin-ah. If we won't win, we didn't. If we will, we did. If we're not going to debut through this survival show, then we're going to debut as our own group. We're going to debut looking better than how we are now." Zheng Ting said and smirked or maybe smiled, serious even at the 'looking better' part.

She's just looking at Zheng Ting as he said that. 'Tug tug tug' Her eyes widen feeling that. She listens to it and gulps, realizing she can't stop it from beating abnormally. She looks at him. "Húndàn." Jang Hal said, and Zheng Ting looks at her. "What?" He asked. Why is she suddenly cursing him? Or is she just calling him? No, it doesn't sound like she's going to say something to him. It's clear that she just cursed him out of the blue. It's a bit offending.

Jang Hal look elsewhere and just get her cellphone, not going to focus on what they're saying, 'cause if she did, she's focusing on someone and she doesn't know why. Maybe she knows why, but she doesn't want to say that that's why, she can't accept that that's why. Zheng Ting scoffed at her attitude, looking at her as he ask himself why she hates him so much.

Eui Woong, sensing the atmosphere tense, turns to Justin. "Justin, let's not be negative and fight through this together, arasso?" He asks him. Although Eui Woong is just a year older than Justin, Justin thinks he's a lot more mature than him. He should really stop thinking negative. This is a game that they have to show themselves, so what is there to be scared of? He nodded at Eui Woong's question.

Then Seung Hyuk asked "But I want to ask you Woong. Why were you walking like that earlier? You were really not yourself-" Seung Hyuk said but Eui Woong cut him. "Nothing. I was just thinking of my upcoming quiz." He said and stays silent. Seung Hyuk looks at him and shrug his shoulders. "Okay." He said, not interested in the topic.

---

The boys went their way home, Jang Hal is the only one left with Hera. She's going to sleep here in her apartment. Both on their cozy pajamas as the moon and stars are now brighting the night sky. Jang Hal plopped down Hera's bed. Hera, who is laying on the bed, winced a little when Jang Hal's head laid down on her abdomen. It's not painful, she just want to let Jang Hal know that she's not allowing herself to be a pillow, but Jang Hal is Jang Hal, she won't give one bit of her attention to that.