Chapter 22: Caught him smiling

Z.Hera's POV
In my dressing room with a hanbok hanging on my forearm, I sighed. "The preview." I told myself, and bit my lip. I should have just... I should have just died.

After changing into the white hanbok that I wore when we... whatever, I walk to the Damiwon bath house. I know I'm blushing, I know. Then I saw a grinning devil, she walked to me. "Hera-yah, you look good." Jang Hal said, her hands dusting my shoulders. I fake a smile and make sure its fakeness is obvious.

Jang Hal just chuckled then her eyes roamed through my back... And her back automatically stiffen and her eyes went wide. "Greet him." She said in a whisper. I creased my forehead, and although I heard what she said, I asked "What?"

She didn't answer and just bowed to whoever is behind me. I gulped, hoping it's not him. Then I look at my back. And since luck is not on my side, it is him. He smiled, but I can see no happiness in it.

Why is his smile like that?

"Good morning Baekhyun-op-" Stupid Hyeran, stupid. I just bowed 'cause if I let my words do the thing, I'll just be more stupid. Then I heard his chuckle and I look up, knowing his chuckle is happy unlike his smile earlier.

I smiled at the smile he's giving. It's just so natural now, so full of happiness and not by sorrow.

He's just smiling, and I know that I am too. His eyes turning into crescents as his cheeks that has a light shade of pink move up. I don't know if he's blushing, I don't know. But what I know is he, Byun Baekhyun is really beautiful.

Then the devil named Jang Hal coughs, disturbing- I mean she's not disturbing. Why would a cough be a disturbance of a what? Nothing happened so it's not- Why am I even explaining??

I look down, embarrassed. If earlier, I wasn't sure if Baekhyun is blushing, now I'm sure that I'm blushing. I told you, every moment with him is embarrassing for me, just why does it have to be like that?.. And why am I looking down? 'Cause I'm embarrassed? No, I mean why would I let them see I'm embarrassed?

So I look up. When I did, I saw his eyes on me, a soft smile on his soft lips- It is soft... Oh my god, I need to be careful on describing things! Then his eyes went wide and he hid his smile. "G-Good morning too." He said and quickly pass me by. Jang Hal, she swayed her body to the left then to the right. "He was smiling at you~" She said lowly for only me to hear. I look at her, heart beating erratically.

Jang Hal grinned at me, and by how comfortable she moves, I think Baekhyun is not near me anymore. "I think he likes you." She said and that made my eyes wide. "H-He?" I asked, disbelief present in my voice. She rolled her eyes. "No she, is he a she?.. Okay, he looks like a she, but yeah, I think he likes you." She said and I shook my head quickly. "Just because he smiled at me? To you, that means he likes me?" I asked, the thoughts that are running in my head are being practical and realistic... You can call it bitter, but it's just true.

Jang Hal didn't speak, so I continued. "He knows how to smile to the whole world anyway... Jang Hal-ah, him and I are impossible. So damn much." I told her, and that truth made my mood upside down.

Then she looks down, and I saw her smirking; The smirk she has when she wants to oppose but she's stopping herself from doing so. I just chuckled, bitterness and disbelief mixing in my little laugh. Why the heck am I even being bitter?

Jang Hal look up, facing me. "You'll never know what the heart decides when you're thinking." She said, all serious. I gulped, knowing it's the time to stop being serious. Jang Hal is great at joking but when she's serious, she's serious, that's how my cousin is. I chuckled, now with the bitterness and whatever negative elements that are inside me gone. "I don't have that." I kidded, referring to the heart. How am I alive without that though?

I'm grinning, and that turned into a smile when I saw Jang Hal grinning and is back to her normal self. "Me too." She said and we both just chuckled... But what I said earlier about me and him is true.

A/N
Too bitter... Shall we add the sugar now?

COMMENT --- VOTE --- FOLLOW