Chapter 23: Closer

Baekhyun's POV
Wearing the white traditional robes while sitting beside each other on the steps on the Damiwon bath house, but there's a space between us, "Do we really have to do this?" I heard her mutter, making me look at her. Then she sighed, and I'm just watching her face as she express irritation and nervousness. I smiled, you can see what she's feeling just by looking at her... Then she look at me, maybe she sensed me looking- no, not maybe, she did sense me looking at her.

I didn't look away though, letting my eyes meet hers. She blinked once and I smiled softly, this eye contact is not awkward like how she acts when she's around me. She is awkward around me, and I hoped that one day she'll stop being like that and just be comfortable. I want her to be comfortable with me, and wanting her to be comfortable around me... has something to do with my feelings.

Then she quickly look at the side, avoiding my eyes, and suck her lower lip. Is that a mannerism of hers? So she does that when she's nervous?.. Cute.

"Okay, the scene is just going to be like this *continue*" I heard the director, and I just look at him from her, a smile visible on my lips. (Hera look at him when he's not, and saw him smiling. And she thought she's acting foolishly that it's making him smile. She then reminded herself to not be foolish around him. But what she didn't know is that he never thought she's foolish. If foolish means comfortable and natural, then let her be foolish around him.)

I nodded while listening to director-nim. He just finished announcing how the small scene will be. "Wait... What did he say?" I heard Hera. I look at her and saw her looking at director-nim. Grinning, "Did you listen?" I asked and that made her look at me. (She's blushing and he doesn't know, but he's still finding her reaction cute.) Hera looked down and faced me up again, but then look at the floor again. "I-I was just... I quite didn't." She answered and I furrowed my brows at what she said. "Quite?" I asked and chuckled.

She looks up and I know she's embarrassed. I then decided to tell her what to do. "You just have to do what you did yesterday." I told her and saw her eyes widen... Oh my god, she got it wrong. I shake my hands while saying "No, not that. What I mean, d-do the action like leaning but then not." I explained and saw her face make an expression of knowing what I mean.

Then we heard the director again. "Okay, is everyone ready? The camera team, you're ready, right? Because if you guys aren't like last time, I'm going to throw my shoe on you guys." He said and the staffs chuckled. Then he pass his gaze to us. "You guys ready?" He asked and although I know I'm not, I nodded. Hera didn't nod but she didn't shake her head as well.

The director clapped for everyone to get focused. "Just like yesterday, let's make this a one-time shoot." He said and now, he's beside the camera man. "In one, two, and... three, go." He said and the cameras started recording.

I faced Hera and she was facing me already. She's not hesitating when she hold my jawline, and that made my eyes wide. How can she transform to a whole different person when the cameras started recording? 'Tug tug tug' My heartbeat was loud and fast, beating abnormally as I felt her soft hands cup my jaw. She's looking at my eyes intensely as she slowly lean to make our faces closer. I gulped at how her eyes are. They're full of meanings that I don't know what. Maybe her eyes are acting so good, but why do I feel like it's not just an act.

The distance of our lips from each other is so little that I can feel her breath swooning on the remaining distance... Then she leaned more, making my eyes wide. She's going to kiss me if she continue leaning. Why is she leaning?! "Cut!" Director, director-nim said and Hera stopped. Why did she stop?!. Uhm, I was just startled, sorry.

She stopped moving but didn't pull our faces away from each other. My breath was caught, she's so close, so so so so close... Then she smirked and that's when it hit me. She's teasing me. Or I'm just finding her actions as a tease?

She pulled away, her hands go from my jawline to her laps. She's also not facing me anymore, and she's no longer smirking. She's back to my innocent dongsaeng in a second.

I look at the side. What she did... is such a tease. I really thought she was going to do it... I thought she's going to kiss me. That was freaking irritating... but I'll admit that it's hot, she's hot.

"Wow. You guys are really amusing me. Nice job." Director-nim commented and then gestured his hands for one photographer to take a picture of us. The photographer walked to us and angled his camera for a shot. "One... two... and three." He counted while we posed simply, and then the camera flashed and clicked. The photographer checked the picture and smiled with satisfaction.

Then he angles to take another. "Get closer." He said, one hand gesturing for us to get closer. I look at Hera and was about to move closer when "Can't we take it like this?" She asked and chuckled nervously, not liking the idea to get closer.

The photographer look at Hera with eyes that asks questions. "Uhm, It's just that it would be a nicer picture, but if you don't want to, w-we can take it like this." The photographer said like he's out of choices. 'Is she distancing herself from me? Is she really avoiding me?' Those questions came into my mind, my eyes looking at Hera. Then she look at me, her eyes telling me why I'm not posing. I sighed. "Why... are you not comfortable around me?" I asked, eyes still on her eyes. I know she's taken aback by my question, but I'm the one who is taken aback by how she's acting.

"Is it hard to be comfortable around me?" I asked and I want to hear her answer. "I-It's not that." She said and I was quick to ask her another question. "Then why?" I asked. If it's not that, then why. She was meeting my eyes, her mouth not making any words, and then she look at the ground.

We heard the photographer speak. "I'll... not take the picture anymore. Thank you." The photographer said, bowed, and walk away from us, obviously giving us our privacy. She face me, meeting my gaze. "Sunbae-" She calls and I interrupted. "Sunbae?" I asked, reminding her that I don't want to hear her calling me with such formalities. She take a breath and said what she wanted to say. "Can't you see what can happen... if we get close?" She asked... Is she asking what can happen if we get close by each other, or close to each other?

A/N
I'm really going to add the sugar now.

COMMENT --- VOTE --- FOLLOW