Song Bird (2).

×××
{Shadow}

Maybe we should kidnap Robin...

I shut off the Don's annoying voice and focused on the space in front of me. I didn't know where I was going or where Robin was leading me, but I heard voices around this area so I must be close, right?

I felt a gloved hand close around my mouth and my eyes widened as I was pulled into the shadows. Automatically I reared back my arm, elbowing my assailant in the gut.

I spun around to meet my attacker, and as I expected it was Robin, hunched over and using the wall as a support.

'Why...did you do that?' He wheezed.

'Where do you keep... your gloves?' I asked back, trying to keep my tone in check as I grimaced at the taste of leather in my mouth.

'On my hands.' He laughed.

'Oh yeah, and where have your hands been?' I asked again, putting my hands on my hips.

His mouth opened to speak but snapped it shut a moment later. 'I'm not going to answer that,' he said.

'You better not. Now, why did you hide me?'

'The rest of the team doesn't particularly like you, and by that I mean you should avoid any and all contact with them.'

I nodded and stepped out of the shadows. 'So, you like me?'

He hit his head on the wall—he seemed to be doing that often.

'Is that all you got, from everything I said?'

I frowned and ignoring his comment. 'If you keep doing that, you might give yourself a concussion.'

He would have said something, I'm sure, if not for the fact that I was now a considerable amount of height above the floor, with a hand clamped around my neck.

How I always managed to find myself in these vulnerable positions was beyond me.

'You!' I heard the someone who choked me growl and my eyes landed on the person currently cutting off my oxygen supply.

Hm, that boy is cute! Don snickered.

My gaze flitted over his face until it fell on his eyes. Blue like the ocean, but they were stormy and unfocused with anger.

Why do all the hot ones have to be heroes, why not a few on our side, uh?

I rolled my eyes. There are a lot of hot villains, you, are just single-minded.

Psst, you're just saying that.

I felt the kryptonian's hand tighten around my neck. 'Your goons hurt M'gann.'

Oh, it all makes sense now, he fancies that little green Martian girl.

'They are not goons,' I looked him in the eye, 'and I apologize for being involved in the situation that caused your friend harm.'

Nice, Don said smugly, done it like a boss.

His arm pressed against my throat and painfully cut off my breathing. 'You'll be sorry when I'm done with you.'

Black dots specked my vision and instinctively I grabbed his wrist with a hand. Jabbing specific spots on his arm, I kicked him in the chest and sent him off me, into the wall behind him.

'Is that the only chokehold you heroes know? That is a little disappointing.' I took in a deep breath and glared at him.

'What did you do?' I heard him growl.

I shrugged. 'I don't like being knocked unconscious.'

He charged at me. 'That wasn't an answer.'

'You know, that's the same thing Rob—' A fist rushed at my face and I took a step back. Using my index and middle finger I shifted his hand, wincing at the impact of the fist on an innocent wall.

He pulled his hand to his side and hissed. That chi block only lasted ten seconds. Not useful, at all!

I whistled and turned at the crater sized hole now in the wall. 'You know, that would have hurt if it hit me.'

He charged at me again and tried to punch me. His hand reached forward and I jumped up and used his arm as a support to flip behind him.

He kept coming at me and I continued dodging happily, knowing that I'll probably die if I was just grazed by one of his punches. And it was no exaggeration.

The pain inducer in my body would magnify it's intensity, mysystems would shut down from the pain and it will be bye-bye Shadow.

Wow, this guy is so strategic. Don whispered.

'Ugh, stay,' Superboy took a swipe at me, 'still.'

I turned to him and shrugged. "Come get me.'

He seized the opportunity and charged, for what, the twentieth time?

Move, move. Don chanted worriedly.

I watched the kryptonian get closer.

Move god damnit, I don't want to die! :(

I rolled my eyes again at Don's childish behavior as the kryptonian's fist stopped just inches in front my face, my hand clamped tightly around his wrist.

And I, in a series of quick motions, flipped him over and hit several pressure points on his torso along the way. He stumbled back and groaned.

I flattened my palm and struck him flat on the ribcage, directly above his heart.

A few drops of blood escaped his lips and landed on my sleeve as he crumbled to the floor, holding onto his chest.

I redrew my outstretched palm and let out a breath of relief. Looking around I saw that the bird was nowhere to be found.

Damn, where is that dude when you need him?

I sighed and stared at the unconscious hero.

Why do I have a feeling that things are only going to get worse from now on?

×××