Day 10: °•Understanding°•

××

'-is. . .Vanessa. . . Nightshade-'
'. . .okay, Robin. . . Don't-'

Dick could hear the voices floating around. His head was pounding and his chest hurt. He tried sitting up, but he couldn't move.

Okay. He thought, calming down as he felt the tube down his throat and the soft beeping of an heart monitor. This is probably the Batcave.

The numb feeling in his limbs took a while to wear off, he now knew why he couldn't move before, the restraints around his wrists and ankles were plainly obviously.

Did I try to hurt myself when I blacked out? A muffled groan escaped his lips at the thought, everything coming back to him.

Shadow. . . the Atlantic Ocean.
Vanessa. . .?

His brows creased in thought.

Was that a dream?

Dick's musings were cut off by punctuated footsteps, his body froze, the pain in his chest flaring as his heart thumped against it's cage.

'I know you're awake.'

Richard slowly peeled his eyes open, taking a moment to adjust to the soft lightning of the cave as he stared at his mentor.

What gave me away, the erratic heart rate or the hyperventilation? The thirteen year old thought sarcastically, his gaze wary.

'Dick—' Batman started, taking off his cowl.

He's just come back from patrol. The teen realize in apprehension, What time is it? What day is it?

'—are not listening to a thing I'm saying, are you?'

At those words Dick's attention snapped back to Bruce, who was over three feet away.

I'm in so much trouble. He thought, his apprehension growing as he shifted uncomfortably in his bed.

The young Grayson hate this feeling of helplessness. He did not want to be restrained. He wanted to be able to do something and not just stay still while being yelled at.

'I'm not going to yell at you.' Bruce walked forward, running his hand through his hair. 'I just want to understand.'

Dick noticed the dark circles under his mentor's eyes. What's going on, didn't I just pass out?

As his guardian walked closer to him, he noticed the warp in space, like something piercing a bubble.  A force field?

What's going on?

The acrobat noticed Bruce visibly relax as he sat on the chair just next to the head of the bed—the one he didn't remember being there.

'Do you want that out?' Batman motioned to the tube.

Dick nodded. Finally! Maybe now I'll know what's happening.