Needles, and Regrets.

×

I groaned, thrown to the ground once again.

'Are you gonna tell me now?' Carla asked, her red open-toed heels tapping on the metallic floor as she lifted my chin with her middle finger, forcing my gaze to her.

I shut my eyes, contemplating what to say to would placate the sadistic beast in front of me.

'Oh, that's too bad.' She told me, a hint of sadness in her tone.

Her voice perked up. 'But we can have so fun, and this time it'll be funner.' She sang, holding up a very long needle.

'Oh shit.' I almost squealed, yeah almost.

Wasn't throwing me around like a freaking rag doll enough for her? Now she had to go out and get a needle, and who knows what she was planning to do with that.

I shuddered just thinking about.

'Look at you, just trembling with excitement.'

For the first time today I actually took a look at her, and I mean a real look. I scanned her up and down, my eyes widening.

I felt a smirk tug at my lips, but I hid it.

I was so oblivious. The white headgear with a red cross. The white shirtsleeve. The kneelenght dress.

She was a nurse.

I moaned as if in pain. I was so stupid. I felt like slapping myself—but couldn't, seeing as Carla was holding a needle dangerously above my face—why else would she be in the medical bay.

How could Carla, of all of people, end up being a nurse? I mean Carla?

She swiftly stabbed the long, sharp, pointy implement at me.

'Wait!' I almost cried out.

'What?!' She yelled in frustration, the needle just a hair's breath away from scratching my cornea.

The hell!

I let out a breath in relief, letting my head hit the metal floor, putting some distance between the needle and my face.

'Well if it's nothing.' She said, stabbing downwards. I rolled to the side anf the needle piercing the spot I once was.

She huffed, glaring at me as I flipped to my feet.

She a took a step forward and I took ten back. This continued till I had nowhere to back up to.

'You don't want to hurt me.' I told her as she stepped in front of me.

'Yeah, why's that?' She said, pulling out another needle, tucking it behind her ear.

'Because your supposed to make people feel better, not try to impale them with needles.' I added the last part in my head. I don't need to make this worse.

'You're a nurse aren't you? That's what nurses do.' I stressed before she could argue.

Her eyes raked me up and down, and I couldn't help but shudder. Putting a hand to her face, she shook her head and sighed.

'You're right, I wasn't thinking straight.' She said, placing her warm hand on my cheek.

'We can finish this after,' Carla whispered sultrily, into my ear.

For a moment a wave of relief washed over me and I let her pull me by the wrist to the bed.

Then I processed her words.