Chapter IX

[ Reader ]

After I left from the library without waking Kouen from his sleep, I decided to get something to snack on until I have to ask the people who worked around the Palace for direction.

Many of them were kind enough to tell me the direction and the guards who were nearby were kind to lead me to where the kitchen was.

As I followed the guards, I started a simple conversation with them about their experience of working for the Imperial family. Many of which gave me a surprising answer.

' All of them really enjoy their time working here huh? ' I thought until I noticed that we have arrived at the kitchen.

" Here's the kitchen, miss. " The guard stated with a smile as I nodded.

" Thank you for leading me here, " I told them as I bowed towards them.

" It's a pleasure to help you, miss! " Both of the guards grinned as they bowed before they left.

I stood at my spot and watched the colourful rukhs swarming around in different direction which made my heart ached, " I need to recover my memories as fast as I could so I can prevent another tragedy happen on this world. " I murmured as I clenched my fist before I shook off the negativity from my heart.

I entered the kitchen and there wasn't anyone inside, probably taking a break after cooking breakfast for the Imperial family.

I looked around the kitchen and my eyes landed on a basket that was filled with apples that were picked fresh out from the garden.

I hummed happily as I went and picked a few apples and grabbed a small basket along with a small knife and a plate.

Once I was done with that, I went to the garden and sat on the ground while leaning against the boulder with plate on my lap along with the small basket beside me as I started to cut the apples into slices.

I took one slice into my mouth while I did the same with the other slices while craving the apple slices into various shapes.

~ * ~

I've been eating while carving the apple slices into fun shapes for quite sometimes. When I felt that I was suddenly lifted by a person and placed me on their lap, I glanced over my shoulder and saw it was the Second Imperial Prince.

" Koumei-sama? " I questioned him as I was baffled by his bold actions.

" Call me Koumei. " He told me and I blink by his request before I gave him a slow nod, " Well...How did you know where I was, Koumei? "

" I saw a glimpse of your (H/c) hair while I walking. "

" Oh, " I absentmindedly gazed away as I was well aware that he'll answer since it's obvious to see whether you're at the balcony or just being plain tall.

Nevertheless, I don't dare to say anything to offend him as I picked up the slice that looked like a bunny and turned around, placing it to his mouth which he gladly takes it.

" It's peaceful isn't? " I asked as I heard a grunted from Koumei as I feed him a few more apple slices. Unaware that there was a small smile creeping upon his face.

Until both felt a presence right beside us and as I turned, I saw Hakuei and Hakuryuu were making their way towards us.

" Good morning, Hakuei, Hakuryuu. " I greeted them with a smile while they did the same, " Good morning to you too, (Y/n). Mind if we join you two? " Hakuei asked politely as I gave her a nod of approval, handing them the plate that was already filled with various shaped apple slices.

As we continued to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere, a very familiar and at the same time, a very loud voice was calling out my name which made me groan lowly, " Here we go again, " I mumbled underneath my breath as I glanced over to my side and saw Kouha was dashing his was towards us.

" (YYYYYY/NNNNN)!!! "

However, before he could ruin the atmosphere, Kouha quickly stopped at his tracks, noticing the glare that Koumei was sending.

" Hehe, sorry, sorry. " Kouha said with an apologetic tone while scratching his nape before Kouha obediently sat beside Koumei as I offered him a freshly carved apple sliced that looked like a swan.

We all sat like this while enjoying this rare moment as the other remaining Imperial siblings came by to join us along with Judar. Not bothering about what was really going on behind me.

Until the wind caught up which made me feel uneasy, my eyes landed on an abyss rukh that fluttered around on a certain room. When I took a closer look, I saw it was Gyokuen Ren, the Imperial siblings' only mother.

' Arba, ' I thought with my eyes slightly widen while I heard the abyss rukhs whispered.

|
|
|

"...Kill THEM..."

"...KILL..."

"...WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, MY KING..."

|
|
|

' As if I would let you, Arba. ' I thought while glaring at her while she, on the other hand, gave a wicked smirk.

|
|
|

" If this is what you, Arba. I'll stop from what you're doing onto this world. I will put the end of this, Arba. "

|
|
|

[ Edited ]