Chapter XX

After reuniting with Hakuryuu, the Magi walked through the hallways that were empty while she rode on Kemono's back until she saw Sinbad was smiling towards her, " Good evening, Sin, " (Y/n) greeted him with a smile.

Sinbad grinned, " Good evening to you too, (Y/n), " he said as he continued, " I would like you to talk to the new visitor. He's a little serious and can you loosen him up, (Y/n)? " He requested.

" Sure, " (Y/n) told him, " And if I'm not wrong, it should be Hakuryuuu Ren, right? " She asked as she got off from Kemono's back.

" You must've met him when he entered the Palace, " Sinbad said with a hint of jealousy, " Now come, I'll show you where he is. " He grabbed her hand and leading her the way while Kemono trailed behind them.

They walked through the hallways until they stopped by in front of a door, " Is this where he's waiting? " (Y/n) asked him, gazing over to Sinbad and saw him nodded his head, " Yup and enjoy chatting with him, (Y/n). " He told her before he gave a head pat and left the Magi's side.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) raised an eyebrow when she saw green rukhs fluttering around Sinbad before she glanced over to Kemono, " Is he jealous? " She asked him and saw Kemono flick his tail.

" Well, I can ask him later about it, " the Magi said, pushing the door and went inside with Kemono trailing behind her. 

As she walked a little further into the room, she saw Hakuryuu by the balcony as he stood there, gazing at the sunset, " Enjoying the view, Hakuryuu? " (Y/n) chuckled before she noticed Hakuryuu's ear were red and at the same, pink rukhs fluttering around him. 

" King Sinbad told me that there would be someone loosen me up. "

" But, you're glad that it was me, Hakuryuu? " The Magi asked as she walked beside him and rested her arms on the marble railing while gazing at the sunset.

" Yes, if it were someone else, it would take time for me to warm that person. " 

" True, " (Y/n) smiled, glancing over to Hakuryuu, " You're a sweet boy, Hakuryuu. " (Y/n) started as she continued, " Nobody can change you for who you are, " she told him, making Hakuryuu flustered again. 

" T-thank you, (Y-(Y/n)-dono. " He stuttered.

[ Hakuryuu ]

I glance over to my side and stare at (Y/n), admiring her beauty, her smile, her caring nature and list goes on. She sparked my life when Judar brought her to the Kou Empire as his guest of honour. 

At first impression, I didn't bother to know about how she met Judar and her origins until I first heard her melodic voice as she sang a lullaby for Kougyoku and during when I asked her to spar with me.

I have a deep respect for (Y/n) and at the same time, I would cling onto her as if she was my lifeline and I could say the same thing just like the others. However, there was something that I'm worried. When I stare at her (E/c) eyes, I could tell that there was sadness in her eyes along with her smiles as if she's hiding a secret. 

'̷ ̷W̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷a̷r̷e̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷ ̷h̷i̷d̷i̷n̷g̷,̷ ̷(̷Y̷/̷n̷)̷-̷d̷o̷n̷o̷?̷ ̷D̷o̷e̷s̷ ̷i̷t̷ ̷s̷c̷a̷r̷e̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷ ̷i̷f̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷ ̷t̷o̷l̷d̷ ̷a̷n̷y̷o̷n̷e̷ ̷a̷b̷o̷u̷t̷ ̷i̷t̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷c̷o̷u̷l̷d̷ ̷h̷a̷r̷m̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷m̷?̷ ̷'̷

~ * ~

[ Third Person View ]

The next morning, both Hakuryuu and (Y/n) were hanging at the same spot, continuing their conversation from yesterday, " How's your sister and the others, Hakuryuu? " (Y/n) asked as she glances over to him, " Hakuei is doing well and as for the others, " Hakuryuu chuckled, nervously.