Chapter 23

Justin's P.O.V

For some reason Scooter thought bringing Sophia here would motivate me to actually do stuff. He wants me to fall in love with Sophia and move on from Kate. Yes, there was a time in my life when I thought I loved Sophia. But the truth is, I never really even knew what love is until I met Kate. And bringing Sophia here just reminds me even more of Kate. All Sophia's presence is causing is more hurt.

I've finally come to realize that Kate is never coming back. She is dead. She's gone. I'll never see her again. All I have is memories. Memories of Kate. I'd do anything for one minute with her. Just to tell her that I love her. To tell her i'd do anything for her. One minute just to hold her in my arms again. But I'll never get that one minute. I'll never get to see her again.

I walk into my music studio and grab my guitar. After yanking the gauze off of my hand, exposing all 25 stitches I got from the doctor I position my fingers on the strings and strum. I wince as I readjust my fingers to create a new chord. Ignoring the pain I continue to play until I'm lost in the music. All I can feel around me is the notes meshing together to create a beautiful melody.

"That's beautiful." I snap back into reality and the weight falls back into my shoulders. I turn around and see Sophia leaning against the door.

"Thanks." I say and set the guitar back in it's stand.

"Did you take your gauze off? Justin you know your it supposed to do that!" Sophia yells and grabs my hand. I pull my hand backs a little too fast and I can I tell I've hurt her feelings. But honestly, I really don't care.

"It was just for when I was playing guitar I'll go put it back on now." I say and leave the room. Once in the bathroom I disinfect the stitches and replace the gauze.

Lately my days are spent watching tv and playing video games. Scooter keeps trying to make me come to the studio. But I can't. I just can't. I don't want to see anyone. I don't want to talk to anyone. I'm just not in the mood I guess. I'm still writing songs and playing. I just don't have the will to do it professionally anymore. Maybe it's time for me to fall of the radar.

"You really should do something more constructive." Sophia says sitting on the couch next to me.

"I'm not really in the constructive mood."

"Well then let's watch something a little more education. Like animal planet!" she exclaims and snatches the remote out of my hands.

"I'm going upstairs." I say and get up.

"No! Justin all you've been doing since I got here is ignoring me! I'm trying to be nice but you are making it so hard for me! What is your problem with me?" She demands.

"I'm sorry. I just feel so alone. And I don't know I'm just sad. Just plain sad." I say falling back into the couch. "And I guess I thought that Kate was forever. I mean if everything fell apart I would still have Kate. But now I have everything I could her need except Kate. And I just don't think I deserve it."

"Justin I know you love Kate. But you need to move on. Get up and walk. Make your own path Justin! Don't live in what could of been. Or what should have been. All you have is now. The past can't be changed. But sure can make an amazing future. Don't waste your life living in what you've lost. Kate is gone! If she cared about you she wouldn't want you to live like this! She'd want you to live life to the fullest. So do something with your life Justin. You couldn't help Kate. But maybe you could make up for it with helping others." Sophia says. Her words swirl around in my head and they stick. I can't change the past. But I can change the future. I can help create a better future for others.

"Thank you. I.. I really needed that." I say and hug her. As I pull away the door bell rings.

"I'll go get it." Sophia says and runs to the door. It's probably Selena.