Chapter 36

Justin's P.O.V

"But I don't want to be without you. I don't care if I die Justin. I'm not afraid of dying anymore. I just want-" Kate's voice gets cut off and all I hear is static.

"Kate!" I shout into the phone. Damn it! The government must have all my calls monitored. She shouldn't have called me. But she got out. She escaped. She called me off an unknown number so maybe the government will have no way of finding. She said she found others. I hope she's safe with them.

Somehow through this whole mess Scooter has me going on tour. Life goes on he says. He thinks Kate and I actually got a divorce along with the rest of the world. Selena knows the truth and so does Taylor. Alex and Summer Kate's siblings also know the truth.

"Are we gonna die alone?" Selena asks walking into the room. She's been spending a lot of time here. It's hard to relate with other people when you know something like this.

"I hope not. Kate called. She escaped."

"What? She's escaped! Where is she?" Selena asks. I explain what happened to Selena.

"Oh my God Justin. She's out there somewhere." Selena mumbles collapsing on the couch. "What are we going to do?" She asks running both hands through her hair.

"Nothing. If we try and find her we'll just be leading the government to Kate." I say feeling helpless.

"I wish there was something I could do. Someway we could help her."

"She said she found people and that she's safe." I say.

"I hope she wasn't just saying that so you don't worry." Selena replies voicing my fears.

"Can we talk about something else?" I ask.

"Yeah, I miss Alex."

"Yeah what happened between you two?" I ask sitting down in the couch across from Selena.

"He had to move away for residency. I didn't want him to go. He could have done a residency is L.A. But he chose Atlanta. I think he was running away from what happened with Kate. Like I think it was all too much for him." Selena explains and I can tell that on the inside she's just angry with Alex for leaving.

"He's never met Kate right?" I ask.

"No, he met Melody." Selena voice falters as she says Melodies name. I never thought I could love something so much that I had never seen. I know her baby wasn't Kate's. But it was mine. And now it's gone. I'll never get to be a father to that kid. Maybe one day if things with Kate work out we'll be able to have kids. But honestly I don't think that is ever going to happen. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die alone. Never once in a million years did I think it was gonna be like this.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean." Selena apologizes.

"No it's okay." I reply not wanting to talk about this anymore. "I'm gonna go take a walk." I mumble walking out of the living room.

"Justin wait!" Selena shouts. I turn around and I can see tears in her eyes. "We can't keep doing this." She mumbles a tear slipping down her cheek.

"Selena don't." I plead taking a step towards her.

"Justin we can't keep doing this. I thought she was Kate too! I didn't know either!" She yells as another tears slips down her cheek. Her words are like knives cutting through me. "We need... We need to talk about this. We can't keep pretending like Melody doesn't exist. We can't keep pretending like it's not our fault that Kate is gone!" The words just roll right out of her mouth. Why is she doing this?