Chapter 17

I blink my eyes a couple times not believing what I'm seeing. I reach out my hand for Niall to hold and he grasps it. Just his touch calms me down.

"What the heck is this place?" Eleanor gasps.

"Are those clones of Justin?" Niall asks as I squeeze his hand. The huge room is filled with rows of long glass cylinders about 7 ft high and 2 ft wide. Suspended in a clear liquid is Justin. There's hundreds of them floating the glass cylinders.

"Justin didn't kill Kate. One of these things did. Selena was right." I say walking up to one of the glass cylinders.

"If these are clones of Justin, where's the real Justin?"Eleanor asks.

**The day Kate was shot.**

Justin's P.O.V

I squint my eyes as the lights in my jail cell flash on. Some guy with a mask on his face grabs me and I'm dragged out of the jail cell. I'm pulled into a room and tied to a chair. The masked guy leaves and I'm left in a room with a bunch if computers and a giant screen on one wall.

"How are you Justin?" Brian asks walking into the room.

"What more do you want?" I demand spitting the words at his face.

"Now, lets use our inside voice." Brian says.

"I've given you everything you asked for. Just let me go!" I shout. He laughs and shakes his head.

"Let you go, I can't do that-"

"Just let me go! Kate needs me!" I scream trying to break the ties that hold my wrists to the chair.

"Well after today. I don't think she's gonna want to see you at all." Brian cackles and then gestures to the giant screen on the wall.

A clone of me is holding a little girl and has a gun pointed at her head. The clone lifts his gun and points its Kate and shouts. "Move and ill shoot!"

"You said you wouldn't hurt her!" I scream my heart breaking at the sight. The look on her face is just ripping me apart.

"Oh your not going to hurt her. Your going to kill that little girl!" Brain cackles. My heart drops at his words.

"No! You can't do this! I have money I-"

"I don't need your money!" Brian laughs cutting me off.

"Don't hurt that little girl please!" I beg.

"How many times do I have to tell you! Your the one that's going to hurt her not me!" Brian says.

"What's the point of this?! Just stop it!" I demand.

"What's the point? Well, Kate's going see what kind of person you really are. And once her heart is smashed ill help her pick up the pieces. And then she'll fall in love with me." Brian explains sounding like a mad man.

"She'll never fall in love with you Brian! Why can't you accept it! She loves me!"

"She did fall in love with me Justin. But then you ruined it! So now I'm gonna ruin it for you! Your going to sit here and watch as Kate goes from loving you to hating you!" Brian sneers. She never loved you I think to myself. She just forgot who I was and was confused. She would never love scum like Brian.

"Stop!" I hear Kate scream at my clone. Tears are streaming down her face. And my heart just shatters. I love her so much and she thinks I'm threatening to kill people.

"I won't let you hurt Anya. And I know deep down inside you know it's wrong too. Deep down inside you feel guilty because of what you did to Max. Because I believe that the Justin who gave me this ring" She holds up her hand for him to see. "and promised to always love me is in there! I know your better than this. You told me you loved me.... You told me that I completed you and that you couldn't live without me. So please stop this Justin because if you do, you'll lose me forever." My heart breaks at her words. I wish I could just wrap my arms around her and fix her broken heart. And tell her that she is my world and that I can't live without her! She does complete me and I don't ever want to lose her.

"You really thought that little speech of yours was gonna change my mind! Kate-" My clone yells. The look on Kate's face just breaks my heart. I feel tears well up in my eyes and spill over. I can hear Brian laughing as he makes his snarky comments.

"Fine!" She screams. She slips the ring off of her finger and throws it over the cliff into the ocean. She looks at my clone expecting some kind of reaction. But he has a "like that's gonna stop me" kind of look on his face. "Do you even care? I just threw our engagement ring into the ocean!" She screams tears dripping down her face. I let out a sob wishing that I could just hug her and make it okay.

"Yeah it looked kind of expensive. If I were you I would have sold it." My clone says. Kate's mouth drops open and I can see the hurt strewn across her face. If only she knew it wasn't me. If only she knew how much she means to me.

"Why would you do this to me? I trusted you Justin!! You were my world! You were my everything! Do you know how worried I was about you?! Why would you ask me to marry you? Was this some kind of sick joke to you? Did you think that it would be funny to mess with my feelings? I loved you Justin and I thought you loved me too. But it was all a lie wasn't it. That day you gave me the ring, you didn't really love me did you. I th-" Kate screams and suddenly I hear a gun shot. She covers her chest with her hand and then slowly brings it up to her face and sees the blood on her fingers. She lets out a sob and then looks at my clone. "You really don't love me." She gasps and then collapses on the ground.

"Oh my god no! He wasn't supposed to do that!" Brian yells and then runs out of the room. The screen goes black and I let out a sob. All happiness in me just disappears. It wasn't a lie. I do want to marry her. I do love Kate. She's my everything. I love her more than anything in the world. I would do anything for her.

I promised her I would come back. But I didn't, and now she's dead. And it's all my fault. She believed me! She loved me! I let her down. I should've saved her. This is all my fault. The one person that really loved me and I really loved back is dead. And she thought I killed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you guys like the new cover? Comment with your thoughts! Please vote:) Thank you all for reading!