Chapter 58

Avery’s POV

            The campfire was fun as they usually were. The Apollo kids led us in songs while the Ares kids told scary stories after the younger kids got sent to bed. As always, the s’mores were delicious too. I was kinda disappointed when we all had to go to bed.

            Annabeth, Thalia, Brianna, Grey and I started to walk towards the cabins when I realized something. “Where’s Silena?” I asked.

            Brianna stopped, “I don’t know. Was she at the campfire?”

            My eyebrows furrowed. “I’ll run back and check, you guys go ahead.” They nodded while Luna and I started to run back towards the campfire but not before hearing all four of my friends laughing suspiciously.

            “I feel like I’m being left.” I told Luna while we ran.

            “Don’t worry, little star. I am sure that it is nothing of importance.

            “Yeah okay.” I said, but only felt worse about it.

            We sprinted towards the campfire and I slammed into someone knocking both of us on our butts. “Oh my gods I’m so sorry!” I said then saw who I ran into. “Silena!” I said then looked at her and tilted my head. “What happened?” I asked worried.

            Silena, who usually had perfect clothes, perfect hair, perfect face and everything else perfect, looked horrible. Her hair was messed up, mascara was running, her eyes were puffy, she looked…aweful. “I-I-” Silena started to sob and I scrambled over to her, putting my arms around her shoulders.

            “Sh… it’s okay… it’s okay Silena.” I said, trying to calm her down while she cried. It worried me that she was so upset, she was usually so put together.

            “He-he..” She started to sob harder while I tried harder to calm her down.

            “Do you want to talk about it?” I asked her and she shook her head.

            “M-meet me on the roof of y-your cabin after- after everyone is a-asleep.” Silena said in-between sobs.

            I nodded. “Okay but first let’s get you to your cabin.” She nodded numbly as Luna and I walked her to her cabin with her still crying softly. From hearing the ‘he’ part of her rambling, I assumed it was either her dad, or Beckendorf.

            Her dad and her got along well but she was usually upset that she never got to see him very much, you could tell that he still loved her but he was too worried that monsters would harm her if she stayed there. He did after all live in California which was on the other side of the country and had a bad rep with monsters.

             If it wasn’t her dad, however, it was Beckendorf. The who ‘secretly’ –which really wasn’t a secret, they just wouldn’t admit it- liked each other but she always dramatized when he didn’t look at her or do something that she thought he should have done. If it was Beckendorf, he must have done something worse than not look at her.

            Once she was in her cabin I made sure she was alright and she nodded then reminded me, through tears, to meet me on the Hermes cabin roof- why there I had no idea.  

            When Luna and I left, I turned my back before I could see Silena smile and wipe away her tears as if nothing happened. She touched her face and, thanks to her mom, her face was pure perfection again along with her hair, not a single thing wrong with her appearance. “Good luck, Luke.” She muttered to herself smiling then turned back to her cabin disappearing for the rest of the night.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry these are short, I just want to get you ready for the next chapter. It's going to be a pretty hard wait to find out what happens next but I know you guys can do it. The more comments and hearts I get, the faster I'll update. Just a hint. Thank you guys!

        -Breann