Chapter 17

Avery’s POV
            Shadows seemed to cross the room and there were skulls carved into the walls at every turn. The only source of light was a few torches with the same Greek fire, and the fan above. Everything- the beds, walls, furniture- everything was pitch black except for a few jewels in some places.
        The place kind of scared me but Grey seemed happy and nothing seemed to bother her about the place, me on the other hand...
        Just like the Poseidon and Zeus cabin, there were only four beds and again, only one of them was occupied.
        Grey walked over to one of the unoccupied beds and set her things down by it and stretched out on the bed, looking like she was home.
        I studied the inside for a little bit until a voice spoke behind us.
        “Who are you?” A male voice asked that made all three of us jump in surprise.
        I turned around to see a boy with olive tanned skin and shaggy black hair that covered just above his deep brown eyes. He looked as if he had a shadow over his face that gave you an eerie feeling about him.
        “Hey, um Nico.” Grover finally stuttered out. “This is Avery and Grey, they’re new to the camp and it looks like Grey will be your new roommate.
        Nico looked over at Grey and her eyes widened and she knelt low on the floor.
        He raised an eyebrow and looked at us to explain. When we didn’t he whispered to us, “What is she doing?”
        Both Grover and I shrugged. “She’s a ghost, a servant to your father,” Grover said, “So; I guess she’s giving you some respect since your father is her master.”
        Nico looked at Grey again then back at us. “Can you tell her to stop? It’s weirding me out.”
        I looked over at Grey and she stood up on her feet. “S-sorry.” She said with her head down.
        Nico walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder making her jump. He gave Grey a gentle look, which surprised me, and said, “Hey, just act normal around me. I don’t need any special treatment cuz my Dad is Lord of the Dead or anything. We’re cabin mates now; I promise I’m not going to kill you or anything.”
        “Technically I’m already dead.” Grey said in a whispered tone and Nico cracked a smile making Grey smile too.
        “Just act normal ‘round me ‘kay?” Nico said, “If you bow at my feet again I might just kick you out.” He joked and Grey laughed.
        “Okay, I won’t.” She said.
        “Promise?” He teased.
        “Promise.” Grey giggled.
        “Good,” Nico smiled and turned back to us the smile wiped from his face which made me jump at how fast he could change his facial expressions. “You might want to get on with the rest of the tour Grover,” He advised, “It’s almost dinner time.”
Grover nodded, “You’re right. See ya Nico.”
        “Come on Grey!” I called but Nico interrupted her before she could say anything.
        “She can stay here. I’ll show here were the dinner pavilion is.”
        I looked over at Grey to see if she was okay with that and she blushed and looked excited. It was that moment that I realized that, in the short amount of time that Grey had met Nico, she had developed a crush on him.
        Giving her the ‘do you want to?’ look she nodded frantically, grinning, then mouthed, ‘he’s hot!’
        My face burst into a smile and I nodded. “I guess we’ll see you at dinner than.” I said then both Grover and I walked out.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: So how are you guys liking the story so far? I’m having a blast writing it! Are you all okay with clarity? Nothing confusing? Remember always shoot me a comment if it is and I will be more than happy to answer it. You guys like the Nico-Grey thing? I promise there will be Luke soon.  Anyway, hope you guys are liking it as much I like writing it! Remember to comment and favorite! Thanks so much guys!
            -Breann