Chapter 90

Avery's POV

"Avery." I faintly heard to my left. Someone shook me gently and I shifted, trying to open my eyes. "Avery..." the voice called again sweetly before a pair of lips kissed my cheek and a small smile came to my face, knowing who it was.

With heavy eyelids, i opened my eyes, a huge wave of exhaustion coming over me.

"Hey," Luke smiled softly at me, his voice in a whisper when he saw me open my eyes. "We're here."

I gave a small, sleepy nod, "Thanks."

Luke got up and started to get our things from the top compartment. I looked past Like to see that Thalia had already left. Knowing what I was doing and seeing my surprise, he gave a small laugh. "She bolted as soon as we landed and they let us go."

Understanding, I nodded, once again feeling the guilt in my stomach from accusing her of her fear of heights. The thought of her fear reminded me of my own from that dream, which reminded me about my recent dream.

Luke tossed me my bag then sad down next to me smiling but slowly his smile disappeared as he looked at my face. "Hey," he put his hand on mine. "Are you alright?" His eyes looked worried but I waved him off, not wanting to explain my dream at the moment.

"Just tired." I reassured him but Luke knew me better than that and continued to give me a look but soon realized the pleasing in my eyes, later.

We exited the plane and soon caught up with Thalia. We got some snacks from the vending machine then left to find a cab.

Thalia nibbled her granola bar sitting out under a tree in a nearby park. "So what's the plan?"

"First," I took a deep breath. "I need to tell you guys about my dream."

"Dream?" Thalia repeated turning to look at me. "What dream."

I started explaining everything and how Hecate and I practiced nearly the whole flight until she thought I could practice in my own.

Luke nodded thoughtfully. "That explains why you look so tried. The Mist takes a lot of energy from you after you use it."

Sleepily, I gave a nod, agreeing. "I don't know why it will be so important, it's not like Thalia can't control if," I featured to the right of right of me but Thalia shook her head when I gestured to her.

"The Mist that you control is much more power ups everyone can control a portion of the Mist, but it seems like what your power is, is much more.... Concentrated. I can only strengthen the Mist, not create complete new things."

"But why would controlling the Mist be so important and why not give it to Luke or you?"

"Quest are difficult to understand," Luke explained. "We can't know why until after."

"Alright well let's figure out a plan for the Underworld, how are we supposed to get past Cerberus? Doesn't he fairs the gate."

Thalia's face paled, "I forgot about that."

"This is it?" I asked as we stood in front of the DOA Recording Studios sign, unimpressed.

Like nodded. "This is it."

We stood only blinking at the sign. "Ladies first?" Luke suggest. Thalia punched his arm before walking forwards and swung the door open before walking in. Luke pursed his lips before following. About midway, he stopped when he realized I wasn't moving.

"Avery?" He asked, turning around to see me in the same place. Concern laced his voice. "Avery." he walked towards me and softly took my hands, my eyes still fixed on the door to the Underworld. "Hey." He said softly. "Are you alright?"