Chapter 19

Avery’s POV
        Luke turned to close the door while I was waiting for him to show me where the mess hall was.
        I know that I just had a tour were everything was but I couldn’t remember for the life of me where it was.
        Okay so I did know where it was but I kinda wanted to spend as much time as I could with Luke and him showing me where it was seemed like a good way to spend time with him and talk to him.
        When Luke turned back he had a smile on his face but it was soon gone replaced with surprise. “Holy Hephaestus! What’s up with your eyes?”
        I looked away embarrassed but he shook his head and came up to me, putting his hand under my chin and forcing me to look up at him. A huge blush covered my cheeks when he turned my face to him.
        We stared into each other eyes. Blue on silver.
        After a while Luke breathed out in awe and said, “They’re beautiful.” His eyes widened as if he just realized what he blurted out.
        I turned away out of his grip, trying to hide my blush. “T-thanks.” I said softly.
        He smiled brightly at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
        “Do you know who you get your eyes from?”
        I shook my head, still not making eye contact.
        “They really are pretty, Avery. They make you look mysterious and beautiful.” He blurted out again.
        If my face wasn’t already burning, I felt like I just put gasoline on my already fired face just feeding the flame. You could probably see my red cheeks from a mile away.
       “S-shouldn’t we get to dinner?” I asked, quickly.
        Luke’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink. “Let’s go. Um…This way.”
We walked to the mess hall not talking, me not wanting to say something stupid and Luke seemed to be having an argument with himself, his hands in his pockets and his eye brows scrunched together.
        He kept glancing at me but I didn’t know why. Maybe it was still my eyes. They seemed to reflect better when it got dark outside.
        I sighed and just hoped that dinner wouldn’t be as bad as I expected it to be.