Chapter 80

This is dedicated to my best friend http://www.wattpad.com/user/19ccook! Go and follow her!!! She helped me out in this chapter more than i could ever thank her!!!

________________________________________________________

Avery’s POV

A stupid grin was on my face as I walked back to my cabin after the daily camp activities and dinner. I was really excited for what Luke had planned for me and i couldn't stop smiling.

When i walked into my room, Luna was laying on my bed. Her ears perked and then her head rose to meet eyes with me. “Why are you so happy?” She asked, a smile in her voice.

I dropped the smile, not wanting to have to explain that i was happy because of the surprise after curfew, Luna wouldn’t want me breaking the rules. “I’m just glad that i get to see you.” i lied.

Luna gave me a sceptical look before sitting up and licking her paw. “Tell me what you’re actually happy about.”

“To be honest.” I answered, sitting on the bed. “i don’t even know what i’m so excited about. Luke just says he has a surprise for me and i cant wait til i figure out what it is.”

“And when is this surprise?” Luna asked, setting her paw down and tilting her head at me.

“Uh…” I scrambled to try to find out what a lie. “He uh.. hasn’t told me.”

“You are an incredibly horrible liar, littler star. Now when is he giving you this surprise.”

I groaned, knowing that she had me cornered. “Soon.”

“And how long will your date of yours last?”

“Until after curfew.” I mumbled.

Her eyes narrowed. “You know that’s against the rules, little star.” Luna warned.

“Not if you get caught.” I gave her a sheepish grin.

Luna gave me a small warning glare. “If you’d like to do extra duties, then be my guest, I’m here to protect you, not to let you do stupid things, but if you’d like to do stupid things, i’m not going to stop you. It is your life.”

“Sweet really?”

“That doesn’t mean that i encourage it.”

“I won’t get caught, i promise.”

"Remember, Little Star, if you do get caught, don't say I didn't warn you." She lifted her paw and started to lick it, looking at me from the corner of her eye.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I promised.

The silver wolf tilted her head down. “I’m trying to look out for you, Little Star. You know full well that the cleaning harpies could...eat you if you sneak out of your cabin.”

My throat closed up slightly, i didn’t like the cleaning harpies. Obviously, they hadn’t eaten anyone but that was because everyone was too afraid to find out if they really would eat someone for sneaking out. I straightened, clearing my face from any uneasiness. “We’ll be fine.”

“If you say so, Little Star. When does he pick you up?”

A knock on the door made a wide grin spread on my face. “Right now.” I laughed then raced out of my room and through the Hunters bunks to get to the door. My hand wrapped around the handle and I opened it, a wide grin on my face.

Luke stood in the doorway, looking down at his feet with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. When he heard the door open, he looked up to meet my eyes, his own bright blue eyes shimmering in happiness. Rather than his usual camp shirt, he wore a nice button up shirt and nice jeans with converse rather than sandals. I loved Luke’s camp look, but he looked really good in this too. I was really glad with what I wore. Not too fancy, but also not camp casual. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=126569908 or http://www.polyvore.com/forbidden/set?id=148003797 I can’t decide so you decide)