Samuels Awakening Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Sammy!" (Y/N) calls, startling Samuel out of his daze. He jumps down from the roof of the house and walks closer to her, "Your daddy is over there talking to some men," She points towards a tall man with dirty blonde hair chatting with another taller man with long, black hair. There was another man who was slightly shorter than the other two, but tall nonetheless. Grabbing his hand, (Y/N) tightly ushered Samuel towards the group of chatting men.

"Hi, Mr. Bekket! Funny running into you here!" She greets, warming him with a hug. Ivan looks down at her and scoffs.

"Hi child. Samuel." He nods, holding his arm out and urging Samuel to come. Samuel hesitantly enters his arms, "This is Kenny. Kenny, this is Samuel, my son."

Kenny squats and holds out a hand, "Nice to meet ya, Samuel. Looky here, I've got a nephew around your age. That brat should be somewhere over here runnin' around." Samuel shakes the older mans hand and reluctantly smiles, "Your father wants you to work for Edward and I. It's a little business thing we've got goin', and we need a few strong hands. You're  strong, aren't ya?"

He doesn't answer, too scared of being in the grasps of both physically and emotionally abusive father.

(Y/N) pokes at his shoulder and motions her head, urging him to speak. When he doesn't comply, she answers for him, "Sammy is strong. He's always beating other boys in races and at horse-play. Probably because he's cheating. He's a cheater. But he's a strong cheater!" She says with a slight giggle in her voice.

Edward, Samuels older cousin, smiles down at the little lady and pats her (h/c) hair, making her grin, "What a pretty young thing. Who's this, Sammy?"

"My friend. Just my friend." He quickly answers, grabbing (Y/N) by her hand and pulling her closer to his body instinctively to try and protect her.

"Ah...." Edward coos, rubbing his hand against her cheek. Samuel wanted to attack him then and there for even coming too close to her, but seeming as he's the bigger, older man and had two others next to him, there's no telling what would happen, "Listen, cutie. Go home, alrighty? Your friend and I have some work to do. Not suitable for a lady."

(Y/N)'s mouth drops in protest. Before she gets the chance to speak, Samuel pushes her away, "Go. I'll come visit you later. Go straight home!"

She scoffs in response, but follows his orders nonetheless, "Bye Sammy and Mr. Bekket!" She smiles and waves at the group of older men, and finally takes her leave.

"Interesting girl, "Edward slyly says, licking his lips, "Anyway. Come. It's just around this corner,"

"So, Edward, can you explain this whole situation for me again? I'm still a bit confused, ya know?" Ivan pokes at his temple and lets out a rugged smile as he kicks rocks along the sidewalk.

"Uncle! You're getting kind of old then! I've explained it to you about five times already!" Edward says with a laugh, "I'm tired. Kenny, you do it."

Kenny sighs and adjusts his hat, slightly tilting it towards his left, "Sammy here is going to join our club, so to speak. That day when all those children were in that building, it was kind of leading up to this. The drugs that were injected into their blood can only work for a couple of them. I guess your son happened to be lucky. Anyway, those kids the drugs had worked on, will all be rounded up and will be escorted towards a meeting, including my nephew. You hear that, little Sammy? Maybe you'll make a new friend!" He says with a wink, "With all these new, strong recruits, will be at the top of the food chain in no time!"

The three men laugh at Kenny's excitement towards their merciless plan. Samuel still was unaware of what was happening and what was so important about him, but he figured he'd find out in due time.