Chapter 45

I sit strapped within a dusty, wooded chair. Reece sits in front of me, knife still pointed at my body, with her natural uninterested glare.
At the sound of the hatchet sliding against the metal door a couple of feet away, I jump and quickly averts my gaze in its direction, "Someone better tell me what's happening right now! I'm losing my patience, and this girl acts as if she doesn't know how to speak!"

The skinny male figure I had saw earlier enters the basement with a grim smile, "Reece can't speak. Her lips are stitched together. Sorry about that." He says quietly, rubbing his arms. He scurries over to us and stands next to Reece, parallel from where I sat, "We're obligated to ask you a couple of questions, if you don't mind. As soon as you're done we will let you go. Promise."

I look strangely at him for a while. The male looks at Reece for a moment before returning his gaze back on me.

"I'll take that as a yes. Well, question number one, what is your name? Your full name?" He asks with an authoritative voice. He had some nerve talking to me that way. I wanted to get up and slap him. Even for a female, I could easily snap him in two. He was lucky I was being restrained.

"(Y/N) (L/N) is my name, my full name"I answer with a sigh, cold air escaping my lips. It was almost freezing where I was being held captive, and I didn't appreciate it.

"Are you sure?" The man asks for confirmation.

"On second thought, no. My name is 'Kiss My Ass And Feed Yourself To The Dogs. My apologies."I laugh at my own comment  for a while.

"Reece." The skinny man says, holding up an arm.

The woman nods and quickly sticks the knife she once held pointing at my face into the arm rest of of the chair, barely missing my index finger. Tch, she thinks she's big and bad because she's wearing a mask, but I bet I could kick her ass! "You're lucky that didn't strike me. Oh, so lucky. Ask me your stupid questions so I can leave."

"Very well. Second question-you told me your last name is (L/N). That name is royal. Do you come from the royal family?" He asks.

Without thinking, I answer, "Yes. My mother is Queen of the Walls. Queen Amani (L/N). What's it to you?" My voice shakes in fear as I realize what I had just done. These people could possibly be thugs, or even worse, murderers. They might keep me locked down here now knowing I'm the Princess, and there's nothing I can do about it. I can't escape, there's no windows or anything for me to break, and these straps are so painful. I didn't even bring a weapon with me.

Reece's eyes widen at my statement and she looks over at the male who also stood with wide eyes, clearly shocked. He coughs to clear his throat and rubs his wrists in agitation, "Ahem. Okay, okay. Change of plans then."

Change of plans? I thought he said as soon as I finish answering the questions I could leave? That's what he said, isn't it? "You literally just said I could go after I finished answering your shitty questions! You won't leave me down here!" I begin to strain my arms within the straps to weaken them. I thought if I did that there would be a chance for me being able to break them and make my escape.

The male walks away upstairs and I hear the hatchet on the metal door slide, showing that the door had been opened. I hear a couple of mumbles, and then I hear loud, heavy footsteps coming back down the stairs.

"Go back up, Paul. Reece, you too. I want to talk to the "princess" for a little bit on my own." The same tall man from earlier, the one that was deemed as apparently Levi's uncle—I still wanted confirmation on that—enters the basement, ordering my two guards back upstairs. Upon this, Reece quickly snatches the knife that was stuck in the arms rests and makes her leave, all without even giving me the slightest glance.