Chapter 27

There's no way I am the princess

There's no way I am the princess. It can't be possible. Tell me this is all a dream! I can't be from a royal bloodline!

I collapse onto the ground in shock. I rub my hair in an anxious manner and make it stick up in weird shapes and forms.

"Sweetie, I know this is a lot to take in. Take as long as you need to calm down." My mother looks at me with a calm expression on her face while Levi looked a bit worried for my health. He leaned down next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist, lifting me up and letting me rest upon his shoulder.

"I-I-I'm no princess!" I shout at her and grab the rose that was resting peacefully within my hair. I hesitantly throw it onto the floor and my mother's face sinks. She walks over to it and picks it back up.

"That wasn't very nice, (Y/N). You are a princess whether you like it or not. I kept it from you because I didn't want the royal life for you.."she coos gently.

"You fucking left me in the Underground! If it weren't for Samuels mother, I would've died!" I bark back.

"I never taught you to use such vulgar language. This is what happens when you hang around Mr. Ackerman too much," she sighs, "and I didn't leave you, dear. I was taken from you. I would've never left you by choice. Sadly, I cannot explain to you why. That is for you to figure out."

"That's a shitty thing to do as a parent." Levi states, barging into our argument.

"I don't recall asking you, Ackerman." My mother slants her eyes at him and a scowl forms upon her lips. She still did not like Levi.
Levi shuts up immediately. Despite his background of being the most known thug in the Underground, he was very respectable of people above him now that he was a part of the Survey Corps.

"I..I don't want to be here anymore.." I whimper

"Why, sweetie?"

"This is too much to take in. I haven't seen you in ten years! Ten years! And you think you have the right to just barge back into my life because you're so high and mighty and a Queen now!?" I push Levi away from me and take the dagger I hid within my heels. "Don't even think about coming near me, for I'll kill you where you stand!"

My mother looks at me with shock in her eyes. She slowly begins to walk towards me, ignoring my threat. She holds her hands up in a calm manner and speaks to me softly.

"Put it down, darling. I love you way too much to ever leave by choice. Besides, I am here now, aren't I?"

My face goes red from the anger. How dare she! I don't give a damn if she's the Queen or not! She left me, and now she'll deal with the consequences.