XLIV. The Risks in Our Peril

A/N: Please take this quick second to vote. I've read a lot of John Green lately. Okay you may start reading.

~ Harry ~

            Our expenses at Tesco's weren't at all overbearing as Ariana and I decided to only buy the essentials; milk, eggs, butter, and whatever else we needed as midway the pastries aisle she ultimately decided we should bake something just for fun. Being a baker myself, I didn't hesitate to agree with her. As well Ariana and I have decided as a pair that we'd devote ourselves to eating takeout from Mr. Ho's Wok Emporium from now on.

            "Okay, this is a dating deal breaker. Prepare yourself Styles." She warned me as she ran her hands along the boxes of icing on the shelf. There were multiple brands and multiple types of icing ranging from non-fat to vegan to low-sodium; it was a rave of icings.

            "Okay." I chuckled. "Hit me."

            "Vanilla or chocolate?" She asked me.

            I smirked upon knowing the answer, and upon knowing that it was a trick question. "Neither because you don't like icing on your sweets because you're one of those weirdoes who like whipped cream instead, vegan whip cream of course. You only like vanilla and chocolate flavoured items that aren't in the form of icing." I smiled proudly.

            "You know me so well." Ariana brought a finger up to my cheek, poking it as she leaned up to kiss me. "Let's roll." she said, returning the icing packs back on the shelf before she took my hand.

            Feeling immensely proud of myself, I lead her out of the "pastry essentials" aisle and towards the dairy section where oddly the whipped cream was located. I never understood why Ariana preferred whipped cream over icing, as I personally detest whipped cream of any sort because it 1. has no flavour and 2. has no plausible use except for in the bedroom.

            After grabbing the whipped cream, Ariana and I stopped and reviewed what we already had in our cart. "Okay so we got your whipped cream, two bags of frozen fruit, milk, eggs, butter, water, and my beers." I said as I looked at all the items individually.

            "Anything we're missing?" She asked as my eyes widened. "Oh yeah, I totally forgot."

            "Wait here." I told her, placing her hand on the cart handles before running off. Tesco's was quite a large and confusing building, and it felt like it took years to find the aisle that held what I was looking for. Alas I found it, and walked through.

            "Ribbed, flavoured, ribbed and flavoured-" I muttered to myself as my eyes skimmed the shelves. "Normal, there it is." I whispered to myself as I picked it up. "Wait, small?" I shook my head and returned it where it was and grabbed the large ones instead.

            I was fresh out of condoms and in case of an emergency where Ariana happens to feel in the mood, I needed to be prepared. I'd hope she didn't mind me not using one of the special condoms, as I'd like to make our first time more special and full of love rather than lust.

            I walked back to Ariana where she had remained with her hand on the cart. "Got it." I told her, kissing her cheek as I took over the cart. "What'd you get?" she asked.

            "Something." I told her. "Don't worry love."

            "Okay, well I guess that's everything then." She said as I nodded. "Yeah let's pay. It's weird being here on the weekends." I said, noting the amount of families filling up the place now that it was easing into the afternoon hours.