The Light and the Dark

The rules of the Death Note:

1.The human whose name is written in this book shall die.

2.This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his or her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

3.If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name that is how they shall meet there end.

5.After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

4.If the cause of death is not specified the person will simply die of a heart attack.

6.The notebook shall become the property of the human world once it touches our soil.

7.The owner of this note can recognize the image and voice of the original owner, i.e. a God of death/Shinigami.

8.The human who uses the notebook can neither go to Heaven nor Hell.

9.Even if you do not actually possess the Death Note the effect will be the same if you can recognize the person and his/her name to place in the blank.

10.The human who becomes the owner of the Death Note can, in exchange of half his/her remaining life, get the eyes of the Shinigami which will enable them to see a human’s name and remaining life span when looking at them.