Awkward

One year later...

My tag team, The Shield, got back together a few months ago and ever since then it's been a crazy ride for the 3 of us. Yeah, I was back on my original grind with my wrestling promotion but I loved every minute of it. Yes, it is very demanding but after the year I had, it was just what I needed to forget about what happened.

I've been working non-stop for the last year. Movie offers haven't stopped coming in. My movie was a success at the box office and did extremely well opening week. I've done a few TV shows and my roll on my cousins tv show has turned into a reoccurring roll. Last season, I was contacted for 4 out of 8 episodes.

It's nice to go back and film in LA every now and then. I love it out there and the weather is always beautiful but when I'm there, I can't help not to think about the events that happen there.

I haven't talked to or seen Katarina Forbes.

Not even on the internet. When we ended, I blocked all of her social medias. She called me a couple of times after she moved out the house but after a week she stopped calling. I guess she got tired of being sent to voicemail. This distance I've had from her as done me well. The negative feelings I had for her has somewhat gone away and when I think of her, I think of her like an ex. I don't really think about how bad she hurt me and I don't think about how much I cared about her. I've buried those feelings deep down inside of me and I was able to do that because of work and staying busy. I just look at it like she's someone I used to know.

As for Ariella Burke, we've spoken. We keep in touch. I visit her when I'm in LA. Yeah we still have that type of relationship. Come to find out, she really isn't the person Katalina made her out to be. She's a sweet girl, almost too sweet. Sometimes, I feel bad for the type of relationship we have but we could never be anything more than what we are and that's just friends. She also decided to break things off with Katalina. They haven't spoken and when I'm there, we don't bring her up. Like I said, she's just someone we used to know.

My company was in LA this week. I made sure I flew out a day before because it was Ari's birthday and I wanted to attend her party. We all had fun and partied until 4 in the morning. I had more drinks than I wanted and I was leaving the spot. I was staying at the SLS hotel near by and I just called an Uber to pick me up. I thought I'd wait outside to get some air seeing how I was feeling the alcohol.

Once I got outside, I saw a woman sitting down near the building entrance. Now I know I was a little tipsy but this woman looked exactly like Katalina. As a matter of fact, that's how I knew I was super drunk because I was starting to see her in this woman.

I knew I was too drunk when this happened and when my Uber got there a few seconds later, I just got in and went to my hotel.

I didn't really get a good look at her and she never looked at me, so I wasn't able to tell if it was really her or not but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't.

*******

The next day, I woke up around 12 noon, slightly hungover and a little late. I had to be at the crypto.com center around 3 and I wanted to get a workout in before I headed there. So I took a shower and put on some workout clothes and headed down to the gym inside the hotel.

I worked out for about an hour and started heading back up to my room. I got into the elevator and my heart jumped out of my chest when I saw a familiar face.....It was Katalina, at least it looked like Katalina. I stopped in my tracks when we made eye contact. I was super shocked to see her. And I could tell by the expression on her face, she was shocked to see me as well. The doors to the elevator started to close on me and I stepped in still looking at her in disbelief that she was actually standing in front of me.

"Katalina?"

"You're back to calling me by my full name?" She gives a weak smile, "Hi, Joe."

"What are you doing here?"

"In LA or at this hotel?" She asks.

"Both."

"Well I'm bicoastal now, so I kinda live here now and I have a shoot tomorrow which is why I'm in LA." She says.

Looking down at the ground, "Oh ok, that's good."

There was a few seconds of awkward silence.

"So how have you been?" Kat asks.

Still looking down, "Um, I've been alright. What about you?"

"I've been okay..." She says.

"You don't sound so sure."

"Yeah....I know....It's just-" she was cut off by the elevator doors opening.

I hesitated for a couple seconds before I started to step out of the elevator, kinda hoping she would stop me.

"Nice seeing you, Katalina." I slowly step out of the elevator.

"Um, what are you doing later?" She asks.

I laugh, "I have a show tonight."

"Oh."

"Why do you ask?"

She shrugs, "Nothing, it's no big deal."

I could tell it bothered her that I told her I was busy. The door to the elevator began to close and I stuck my hand out to catch them to keep them open.

"Why do you ask?" I asked her again.

She sighs, "I wanted to know if you wanted to go to dinner or do something later and maybe catch up."

"Oh yeah, well it's Monday so..."

"Yeah I know, you can't you have a show." She says in a disappointed way.

There was another few seconds of awkward silence again. I knew something was bothering her.

"You could come if you're free."

She smiles, "That'll be cool."

"Okay, I'll set that up when I get back to my room."

"Oh and you have to give me your number again." She says.

"Oh yeah, I kinda changed it huh?" I laugh as she hands me her phone. I put my number in her phone and give it back to her.

"I'll get you an early pass so I can see you before the show."

"Okay, that sounds good. I guess I'll see you later then." She says.

"Aight." I let the doors closed and head back to my room.

So what are your questions, thoughts, or comments on this chapter???