Short n Sweet

Joe's POV

After I left the car dealer, I went back to my house. Kat made me so angry, she took me out of my character for a second. I'm not a disrespectful person, especially not to women but she pissed me off. Who wouldn't take a car someone bought them as a gift? A Benz at that. She's crazy. It came off to me as her being ungrateful. I don't know any girl who would turn down a car that their boyfriend bought them especially a car as expensive as that one. She's driving around in a Jeep. I just upgraded her majorly.

It angered me that my tricks and my games didn't work on her. They always work. She wasn't like all the other women who have dealt with. They only want to deal with me because of who I am and that's all. They say they want to get to know the real me but that's a lie. Kat has definitely proved to me that she likes me for me. But with her doing this made me feel like she wasn't easy and that was the biggest thing that drew me to her. It kinda turned me on. Damn I'm still want her.

In a desperate attempt to try to clear my head, I grabbed a beer, sat on my couch and turned on the TV. I hope she didn't change her mind about coming to talk to me. I might've messed that up. Damn.

Kat's pov

"Come on, just get in the damn car Ari." I say to her talking the keys from the salesman and getting in myself. "I can't believe him."

"You know you have to stay with him right?" She says

Shaking my head, "No I don't. I'm so done with him. He just left me here. He's the asshole he's been trying to hide all of this time. I knew it was just an act."

"Just suck it up and talk to him. Work whatever issue you have out with him because YOU clearly have the issues."

"You're only saying that because you want me to go through with the plan." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah I do and when we get him, you don't have to worry about seeing him ever again...and you got a car out of the deal."

"I'm trying to break up with him because I don't want to do this. I have developed real feelings for him and I don't want to see him get hurt. I'm backing away so you can let someone else come in and I can just be his assistant." I say. "This probably makes things easier for the next person. He'll be hurt and trying to get over me."

"This would've been over and done with if you didn't fuck up the plan last night." She says

I look over at her, "And as long as I care about him, I will continue to mess up the plan."

"You really love this guy huh?"

I sigh, "Yes...Yes I do. That's why I can't let you do this to him. I'm going to tell him everything tonight....Why don't you get Chris? He's known for dating women who only want to be with him because he has money and he's okay with that."

"Can you get me Chris?" She asks

"Yes, just don't do this to Joe."

"I'll think about it but I'm not letting you of the hook."

We pull up to Joe's house, Ari gets out and gets into her car and I go into Joe's house. He was sitting on the sofa in the living room.

Taking a sip of beer and not turning around, "Took you long enough."

I walk in and put my things down on the table in the foyer, "I had to talk to Ari for a minute." I walk up behind him on the sofa, "You just left me?"

"You shouldn't be so ungrateful." He says

"How am I being ungrateful?" I ask

He lays his head on the back of the sofa to look at me standing behind him, "I bought you a Benz and you don't want it."